UFC 252: Miocic vs Cormier 3 - Aug 15 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah I think DC’s best shot is to catch him in the first round or two. After that, I’m thinking his chances decrease fairly significantly. It’s not so much a question of him having bad stamina. For a chubby little sod he’s shown he can go at a solid pace from rounds 3-5. I just don’t think his stamina will hold up in this specific fight if he tries to predominantly wrestle. Stipe’s not going to be easy to hold down and that coupled with DC’s age is going to make things especially tough the longer the fight goes, I think. And the alternative - to stand and strike with Stipe - gives Stipe the advantage IMO. We’ve seen DC completely shut down other fighters with a strict wrestling approach but he was younger then, had less injuries, was at 205 so his wrestling and physical strength worked better for him and he was mostly facing guys whose strong suit wasn’t in wrestling. And he wasn’t facing Stipe Miocic. As smaller Heavyweight, trying to hold down a bigger man over 25 minutes, who also can wrestle a bit is going to require cardio reserves that a 41 year old, fat little Heavyweight probably doesn’t have. Add to that that Stipe now knows for a fact that body punching can be a game changer against DC, I just don’t see it ending well for him. Even if Cormier comes in with lines of defence to nullify the body attacks, there’s always a chance a fighter the calibre of Stipe will recognise that and use it to fake to the body and come up with something nasty to the dome. If DC doesn’t end it in the first couple of rounds, I reckon he’s in for a bad night. 

• Paid Members

Im still heavily favouring DC, i think he will have put everything into the camp and corrected issues that came up in that second fight. If it goes late it could get interesting cause Stipe has shown numerous times that he can weather a storm and come on late but my gut feeling is that DC is gonna put on a bit of a clinic.

• Paid Members

With regards to the body shots, DC was very keen to point out on the DC & Helwani show that his coaches have noticed and drilled several openings they've spotted to hurt Stipe. Be interesting to see if that is the case.

Regardless, I still favour Stipe. I think I've favoured Stipe in all three fights. DC is great but he's old, battered and, realistically, completely undersized compared to Stipe. DC seems to reckon he just needs to wrestlefuck Stipe and it will be easy, but everyone seems to write off Stipe and they tend to lose.

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Im still heavily favouring DC, i think he will have put everything into the camp and corrected issues that came up in that second fight. If it goes late it could get interesting cause Stipe has shown numerous times that he can weather a storm and come on late but my gut feeling is that DC is gonna put on a bit of a clinic.

I'm with you. 

Stipe is a beast but I think DC wants this more, he has studied and trained long and hard for this. He is ready to win the trilogy.

• Paid Members

i know the feeling on Luke Thomas on this forum is generally negative, borderline hateful...but i'll continue to bang the drum for his new show with Brian Campbell because its a fun watch/listen. They've done a long preview show here which is worth a look:

https://youtu.be/OT2jagfeMBk

6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

i know the feeling on Luke Thomas on this forum is generally negative, borderline hateful..

Honestly, I don't mind him unless he's fixated on something. His output in the early days of the pandemic was fucking atrocious. Constantly banging on about how the UFC shouldn't be doing this or that, and seemingly waiting to revel in any fuck up with glee.

Just report on the fights, prick!

• Paid Members

It’s April.

We’ve been starved of MMA for weeks and everyone’s gutted because Khabib vs Ferguson just went down the shitter for the 27th time.

Dana books a crazily stacked UFC 249 card with a Ferguson vs Gaethje main event.

Luke Thomas...

84A99B6F-2360-46AA-968E-3C4C3E089445.gif

• Paid Members

Stipe’s actually came in a little bit heavier than the second fight according to Marc Raimondi. And DC’s only half a lb lighter. 

562-DF88-D-4410-4-A1-E-BC36-2396252-C985

BAF5729-C-D1-AF-4-F90-B546-7-D55-D159-DF

Can’t wait for this now. Completely neglected the buildup for this. Think I’ll try to squeeze in a rewatch of the first two fights when the kids go to bed tonight. Along with Embedded and the weigh in and all that shit.