UFC 252: Miocic vs Cormier 3 - Aug 15 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, sukhy said:

Either outcome, do we end up with Stipe vs Big Francis 2 for the title after this? 

No, I think if Stipe loses he won't get an immediate title rematch due to how difficult he has been with the UFC. (refusing to fight anyone bar DC after he won the title, and then refusing to fight DC when he won the belt back). UFC are never kind to people who make their lives difficult.

I think it will be Francis vs Lewis.

Lewis has already beat Francis once but Francis would obviously be the heavy favourite going in due to the run he is on. Both are likeable fighters too. They can sell that first stinker as a one off and them both having something to prove.

Stipe would definitely be next after that. Or maybe Curtis Blaydes if Francis doesn't win.

EDIT: I just remembered Ariel and Ben Askren discussed this on the Ariel Helwani show yesterday and I might have word for word stole their theory unwittingly 

Edited by Zebra Kid Mark

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

No, I think if Stipe loses he won't get an immediate title rematch due to how difficult he has been with the UFC. (refusing to fight anyone bar DC after he won the title, and then refusing to fight DC when he won the belt back). UFC are never kind to people who make their lives difficult.

Lewis has already beat Francis once but Francis would obviously be the heavy favourite going in due to the run he is on. Both are likeable fighters too. They can sell that first stinker as a one off and them both having something to prove.

Stipe would definitely be next after that. Or maybe Curtis Blaydes if Francis doesn't win. 

Lewis vs Blaydes for the title? Party. 

7A1DC351-912A-4D3C-9C71-0E42C456F1BB.gif

11 hours ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

EDIT: I just remembered Ariel and Ben Askren discussed this on the Ariel Helwani show yesterday and I might have word for word stole their theory unwittingly 

And this is exactly the reason Cormier can't win. He simply can't. Imagine the heavyweight division being topped by fights like those? Fucking hell. May as well roll Tim Sylvia and Jeff Monson back into the mix.

I also think that if Stipe loses he may call it a day. Dude is almost 38 years old, and he's never really struck me as the type to have MMA as the be-all and end-all in his life. A loss here and it's back to fighting chumps for a couple of hundred grand a throw? He'll be back rescuing cats in trees most likely.

If Stipe wins, the UFC loses one of its most exciting names in the division in Cormier. If Cormier wins I think we'll lose two, plus the title will be in flux, and likely claimed by someone i wouldn't open my curtains to see if they were fighting in my back garden.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Does anyone know when they add the full event onto the BT Sport app? Is it in the morning or do I have to wait until later that night / the next day?

It's normally on when I get up on a Sunday morning prelims and main card are all together 

Even though the smaller cage favours him on paper, I don't think DC has the stamina to wrestle Miocic for 5 rounds straight. 

I think the fight will be even until Cormier fades around round 3, at which time Miocic will turn up the volume and force the stoppage. 

Edited by jimufctna24