This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

guess you'd call this weekend one of high level tickovers. Of course we lost Lopez/Kambosos, but we are left with loads of shows. All the Champions are highly favoured to retain here with little issue:

sdsadaaasadadadsdwww.jpg.b456c77a68711a885338a7342114c5f7.jpg

^ Where to watch: DAZN (Saturday)

Naoya-Inoue-Michael-Dasmarinas-758x423.jpeg.jpg.c9214407abbba4311ad588106eee9b47.jpg

^ Where to watch: Sky Sports (Saturday)

Charlo_vs._Montiel_June_19_900.jpg.c5d357f34cb2f697e9858dabe022e115.jpg

^ Where to watch: 🤷🏻‍♂️ (Saturday)

and of course, the big one:

Tributes-to-the-kings-June-19.jpeg.jpg.dfae66d3f58e55c27be8581c4bad48f1.jpg

^ Where to watch: Fite TV (Saturday)

Considering this weekend was meant to have Lopez/Kambosos, thats a pretty insane schedule of high profile names fighting, all at the same time too. 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

100k 😲 that's a decent little bonus for Anderson.

Chavez Jr. is a a joke isn't he?

edit* if anyones after something to watch later, the Munguia/Szeremeta show is on DAZN from 8.30pm

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Inoue is a killer. Got got to be the most consistently exciting boxer in the game at this point as well. The constant Pacquiao comparisons were getting a bit much throughout the night but I can see why they get made. They’ve both got that combination of speed, power and aggression that makes their fights look like a tornado.

Didn’t see Silva vs Chavez Jr and forgot it was even on until I ran into a spoiler this morning. Chuffed for Anderson. Chavez is a twat and it’s just good to see Anderson winning something for a change. Looked like he was having fun out there. 

DBBA76AB-E1D6-4613-BB26-A766C0BFF730.gif

Chavez has his flaws obviously, but not bad going for a 46 year old Anderson Silva. I think I might watch it later anyway. I’m oddly intrigued. Big Nog was there as well.

7-A80-DFA6-2-FCF-4679-9919-C3-DF5201-A04

Wouldn’t be surprised if we get Silva vs Roy Jones Jr off the back of this. They’ve both wanted it forever and been on about fighting each other since about 2009 when Silva was in his prime but obviously the UFC weren’t letting it happen. Nothing stopping it now though. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing it. Neither are anywhere near the aliens they once were but it’d be a cool thing to see. Or maybe a bit of a sad one. But it’s been on both their bucket lists for a long time. That would actually be the ideal way for both to bow out, I reckon. But it won’t be.

Oh yeah, Gabriel Rosado murdered Bektemir Melikuziev last night…

FE1687EF-1505-453B-8036-822DC64CE786.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

28 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

The constant Pacquiao comparisons were getting a bit much throughout the night but I can see why they get made.

Aye, Sky and Top Rank were pushing that narrative throughout the week. 

Too many differences between them imo. For example, since when was Pacquiao a monster body-punching?