This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

I like Courntey, I think she is a character but she isn't going to be around long is she? She is just the result of Eddie Hearn hype machine, put her in with a lass who actually has in-ring IQ and she will be schooled.

She'll be on the celebrity big brother/coach trip circuit within 2 years I'm predicting.

• Paid Members

Yeh, its abit of a mess, and the very few legit world class womens boxers are so far ahead of anyone else it sometimes makes it feels a bit pointless. Courtenay/Bridges was great fun though despite the level it was fought at, Bridges was a breath of fresh air, id imagine she'll be a regular on UK shows for the next few years.

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

what about Toadie?

Fuck Toadie. Stinks of Piss. Have Nel Mangle come out as well. Plain Jane and Des have been back in it recently. For old fuckers like myself and @Keith Houchen , Max Ramsey was a top boy in it as well. 

Maybe even have the ghost of Daphne  play on the big screen? Todd Landers? Or even have her come down to Moana? Then when she gets sparked out, have Home James drop her home. 

• Paid Members

Andrade/Williams tonight.

So pumped for this. Bit of a shame its lost under a sea of Askren/Paul hype but them's the breaks. 

IMG_20210417_102012.jpg.3df5b1ed418d3985f7adc38eb06eac8d.jpg

I would love to see Williams win this. A lot of times the Brits find themselves in mandatory positions and go into impossible jobs against the American Champions, think the American press have pegged this as a routine mandatory defence. Even Andrade seemed annoyed when ive heard the UK press tell him that Williams is no pushover. 

Williams is rightly the underdog but hes such a nasty, vicious fucker in the ring i dont see anyone having an easy night with him. Andrade is known for being a boring fighter but i just cant see him jabbing his way to a clear but awkward looking victory, Williams will go after him.

Undercard isnt grabbing me, its on early for us though so i'll be tuning in for it.

• Paid Members

Andrade/Williams kind of went as expected. Liam Williams was clearly a level or two below Andrade but what a brave, gutsy performance. Andrade couldnt miss with the uppercut and Williams really had no right seeing the final bell. Andrade knew he had been in a fight.

I really liked the look of IBO Super Middleweight Champion Carlos Gongora in the co-main event. He's got  title no one gives a toss about but id like to see him mix it with the top of the division.

Also, this happened on the undercard:

Majidov stopped at heavyweight. Broke his ankle in the process. Massive upset.