This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

Samuel Vargas should be a good test for Benn. He's not infallible because he has been stopped by top level fighters like Danny Garcia & Errol Spence Jr. But he's fought at a higher level than all of Benn's previous opponents.

Don't really follow much women's boxing but watched the head to head thing with Courtenay & Bridges. Bridges was really getting under Courtenay's skin. Courtenay was trying to portray herself as the purist boxer whilst downplaying Bridges as just a model. They spent half the argument, disagreeing on what pants they were wearing.

Was there a legitimate reason why this is for a world title? Going through the rankings, they're ranked 8th & 9th with the WBA.

• Paid Members

Yeh, its like a petty social media feud come to life 😄 almost feels like Courtenay is jealous of Bridges. Its been an eventful week though, good stuff, considering a week ago i wouldnt have given the fight a second thought.

As for the title, who knows? the fight was originally meant to be Rachel Ball/Shannon Courtenay for the vacant WBA belt. Ball dropped out so Bridges jumped in and they've managed to keep the belt on the line. The womens belts/rankings are abit of a joke though, there's no getting around that.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

couple of other shows tonight on the other side of the pond too...

IMG_20210410_130529.thumb.jpg.d5c00ca2f79536c41fbad23a7ae1a4b3.jpg

Where to watch: Boxnation live. (repeat on Free Sports on Monday night)

I dont know anything about Vlasov but i loves me some Joe Smith Jr. just a rugged, hard nosed puncher. This is for a vacant Light Heavyweight title.

Big heavyweight prospect Efe Ajagba is the chief support.

Then theres this...

IMG_20210410_130220.thumb.jpg.9bf35fca8f87b37d218cf5206d1b29f2.jpg

No UK TV 😔

On paper this is the best fight of the weekend. Jaron "Boots" Ennis has the 'next PPV star' buzz about him 26-0 with 24 KO's. Sergey Lipinets only loss was to Mikey Garcia few years back, and ive been reading that the wide odds here are nuts as its a big step up for Ennis.

So there you go, cracking weekend.

8 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

Gutted that Courtenay won. She's annoying as fuck. 

On a more positive note, the Benn Bandwagon rumbles on. I'm on-board. 

Edit: Nelson going too far with the hype as per usual. 

Courtenay is lucky that no crowd was present, her fragility could not take getting booed out of the arena. On a positive note, i don’t think thats the last we see of Bridges. What a breath of fresh air in the women's division she is.

Wow, Connor could be the next face of British boxing. No way will Khan or Brook fight Him. In the ring and on the mic he is very entertaining.

Ennis was great with all around perfomancd and the knock out finish was brutal, legit KO we saw in the Welterweight division last weekend. It won't be long till he is ready to challenge the two best in the division.

Edited by Gooner

• Paid Members
On 4/11/2021 at 6:40 AM, Mr Lawrence said:

Courtenay is lucky that no crowd was present, her fragility could not take getting booed out of the arena. On a positive note, i don’t think thats the last we see of Bridges. What a breath of fresh air in the women's division she is.

That's true, a booing crowd may have buckled her but that fight deserved an audience, it was some scrap. It properly justified the hype it generated. Id bin off the Ball fight and do Courtenay/Bridges 2 at Fight Camp.

Connor Benn blew through Vargas. The stoppage felt early but Vargas could have been one or two shots away from being knocked out. Connor Benn has probably become the most exciting fighter in Britain. Id love to see Benn/Khan. Screw Brook/Khan.

oh, and that Efe Ajagba fella can punch a bit...

Edited by Egg Shen

Efe's looking good with these knockouts. But previously before he joined Top Rank, he faced a stronger level of competition. In Efe's previous fight, he took on Jonathan Rice. Another heavyweight prodigy, Tony Yoka, beat him in his 2nd pro fight. 

• Paid Members

DAZN its on, but yeah the ring walk is due between 10-11pm despite being in America. DAZN is still only £1.99 a month at the moment too, book him now and you'll get Saunders/Canelo for your two quid as well. Im looking forward to this more than any other fight this year so far.

IMG_20210413_122920.thumb.jpg.3c81921095620b3ca7439b110c86b214.jpg