This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

He made me cry after the fight. Just a class act last night.

For what it's worth (and probably not much as I'm a fairly casual viewer) but he couldn't deal with the reach difference and the fight was pretty much all one way traffic. I had him, at best, winning one round. And that was tight. 

• Paid Members

Gave Frampton round 4 but i think that was simply cause Frampton cut Herring. If i watched it back i might have even give that round to Herring.

Herring was brilliant. Sharp as a tack with that left hand, I think Frampton and his team thought they were catching Herring at the right time, but that wasnt the case. Frampton tried his heart out but he was getting punished from the outside and the inside which is where he needed to be.

Sad to see Frampton hang em up but id imagine he'll always be around the game.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I think everyone believed Frampton was getting Herring at the right time. They were talking about Herring/Frampton before Herring's last fight with Oquendo, then Herring looked so bad in that fight i think everyone just saw it as the perfect chance to nab a third weight world title.

I always considered Frampton to be small at super bantam yet there he is competing for a world title at Super feather. What a career though - won ring magazine fighter of the year which is a rarity for brits. 

He's one of the best pundits out there, fully honest and that came across in his post fight interview too. 

Fun story - quite a few years ago when he was a novice pro he came to spar Jason Booth in Nottingham. I didn't know who he was and ended up doing some body sparring with him. I remember none of it as I didn't give it any thought as I was more concerned with Barry Mcguigan the pundit I'd grown up watching on TV being in the gym. I had a photo with Mcguigan that day and didn't have one with Carl. Ironically Carl became one of my fave fighters and I'd choose a pic with him over a mcguigan any day now. 

For what it's worth, Josh Taylor says that the McGuigans are very knowledgeable about boxing and are good at getting their boxers decent fights. He also says that Shane is a good trainer (although, some of the McGuigan's training methods are not conductive to a long a career according to Frampton)

It's everything else that's the problem apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

you've got this one to get through first wand...

9781841884707.jpg.adc9928c4ca5ff771e90bd28285f5697.jpg

Fuck that. 

Edited by jimufctna24