This Weekend's Boxing πŸ₯Š (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

He’s definitely got a comedic side. I remember seeing an interview a while back, can’t remember who it was with, and he was in hisΒ beigeΒ suit. The interviewer goes β€œnice suit, Frank” and without missing a beat Frank repliesΒ β€œitΒ matches my teeth.” Fucking creased me and was completely unexpected.Β 

It bothers me that Frank has a reputation for being grumpy or whatever. He couldn’t be less like that.

He’s easyΒ wound-up if he thinks someone’s taking a liberty, or he perceives injustice in one way or another. But, if you watch his IFL interviews since he’s been mostly doing them with Umar - who is much more optimistic by virtue of his youth - Frank’s funnier side comes out a lot more.

Franks great, and the first to crack a joke. HeΒ sends me comedy memes and videos on WhatsApp more than anyone else I know, too.

He really is a top bloke.

• Paid Members

Faceturn Frank Warren isn’t something I ever expected to see in my lifetime.Β Of course, I don’t get WhatsApps from him so I can only go on what’s put out inΒ public.Β But I must admit, I’ve found over the last year or so I’m much quicker to click on aΒ Frank Warren interview than an Eddie Hearn one. Doesn’t help that Hearn waffles on for 60-90 minutes nearly every time.Β Β 

He’a not a grass either.Β 

Is there any reason that prick Kugan doesn't interview him anymore? Hes terrible anyway. So much up the arse of Whyte and Saunders but in a scared way, like a kid at school trying to banter and get on with the bullies.

This is a great interview after the fight lastnight from IFL....Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Mr Lawrence

• Paid Members

well, fucking hell 😳

I had a feeling it was gonna be a better fight than expected. Anytime a young Mexican comes in with a high KO ratio promising a war i cant be overlooking him. Never would have expected Warrington to lose though.

Echo all the complaints about the Sky commentary. Instead of calling an all action fight all they did was try and explain why Warrington looked flat, Macklin (the worst of them all) banging on about mindset non stop. I think Warrington simply got hurt and never fully recovered. There was a moment in round 1 where i think Warrington felt the power and backed off a little. Just a rough, rough night for him.

Warrington at the weigh-in was strange though. I think he realised there that Lara was no here to lay down, he almost seemed a little thrown off. The comments all over the video were Warrington was putting a 'Matchroom spin' on it to convince people that this wasnt a complete mismatch, those people were wrong.

Then the cards in the Barrett/Martinez fight were utterly disgraceful. When they called it the 118-111 cards i thought they'd done right by Martinez who won around 8 straight rounds for me. To call it for Barrett though is criminal. Ruined what was a really good fight too.

Crazy.

• Paid Members

heres a very brief rundown on this weekends fights, all Saturday night...

IMG_20210219_172917.jpg.8ce5a0617d5ee27511d29d98c086c204.jpg

Live on Sky Sports.

Its finally happening, 3 years in the making. Loads of drama in the build up, ducking accusations thrown about. Time for Josh Kelly to step up. Marku/Charlton is a nice little chief support too, wouldnt be surprised to see that steal the show.Β 

IMG_20210219_173241.thumb.jpg.37d329df1804e6612e3841a8bbec52b5.jpg

Live on Boxnation.

All you need to know is, it's two blood & guts Mexicans going to war. People are fully expecting this to be an all time classic. Suppose if you only watch 1 fight this weekend, make it this one. Just a shame its in the Top Rank bubble with no crowd πŸ˜”

IMG_20210216_110736.thumb.jpg.4724579a15a7904d549fd155868118a6.jpg

PPV through Fite TV.

Adrien Broners comeback, he says hes taking it seriously but who knows? does anyone care anymore? Im more interested in the co-main event fight between Otto Wallin and Dominic Breazeale, thats the kind of heavyweight slopfest im all about.

19 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Live on Boxnation.

All you need to know is, it's two blood & guts Mexicans going to war. People are fully expecting this to be an all time classic. Suppose if you only watch 1 fight this weekend, make it this one. Just a shame its in the Top Rank bubble with no crowd πŸ˜”

Β 

Looking forward to this one, there's not much that separates the pair of them in terms of ability and successes. Both aggressive big punches and high knock-out rates which should turn this into a great fight. I think Berchelt may tip it with his reach advantage but then Valdez is also quick launching combinations on the inside. It's a big shame there is no crowd for this.

Β 

• Paid Members

David Avanesyan simply drowned Josh Kelly with relentless pressure. Kelly looked good for 4 rounds or so but he was never gonna stop Avanesyan from coming forward. That was a rough, humbling night for Josh Kelly.

Guess there was a method behind the initial cancellation. If that had happened in 2018 Josh Kelly would have been in big trouble.