This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

dunno if anyone is aware, but Mark Hunt is boxing in Australia tomorrow:

BOX00011-1020-Bankwest-Event-Page-Hero_1

Co-main event to a Tim Tszyu fight. The guy he's fighting is Paul Gallen. A former Rugby League player who's 9-0-1 as a pro boxer. Bit of a grudge match by all accounts. 16,000 fans expected too, its a pretty big deal down under. No UK TV from what i can gather, so you'd have to find via other means.

A six inch height differential and an almost eight inch reach difference should make this fight interesting for a while at least.

One thing for me though is that for all the physical advantages, Smith hasn't fought anyone even close to this level before. George Groves and Rocky Fielding are the only names that really pop out at me on his record.

@Egg Shen you'll need to get two threads set up for this weekends fights surely? Work that magic, lad.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

Shit, I forgot all about this being on DAZN. I’ll get subscribed. It’s only a couple of quid, isn’t it?

And yeah, I see a fairly straight forward win for Canelo. The size of Smith makes it kind of interesting but that’s all Smith has going for him for me in this one. I reckon Canelo goes to the body like he did brother Liam. 

8A093B37-31B9-4EB1-AEC8-97D21B19C948.gif

4 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Shit, I forgot all about this being on DAZN. I’ll get subscribed. It’s only a couple of quid, isn’t it?

Aye, £1:99 per month and you can cancel at anytime.

So you essentially get GGG's fight tomorrow, Canelo vs Smith on Saturday night, and Garcia vs Campbell next month for a few quid. Bargain. 

• Paid Members

i'll be watching that, should be more competitive than the fight they put on last week.

As for Canelo/Smith. Everyone is pointing at Smith's last fight with Ryder to explain why Canelo will smash him. Smith's team are obviously citing the lack of motivation thing as a reason for that but I still favour Canelo to win late, maybe via body shot as Canelo did to Liam. I also expect Smith to say immediately after the fight that the weight cut is killing him and that he's moving to Light Heavyweight.

Any thoughts on the DAZN app? the content is decent leading into a fight, some stuff to follow there, dunno how far they are away from adding more sports? My only worry with it is next day spoilers.

Edited by Egg Shen