This Weekend's Boxing πŸ₯Š (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

Has anyone seen Bridges fight? She comes across well in IFL interview loaded up today. Very open about her looks and personality and how she has to use everything to get noticed. Β She’s obviously stunning but can she fight? She could be the one to take women's boxing to the next level if she can.Β 

Find Shannon Courtenay quite annoying tbh.

• Paid Members

Nah nothing outside of her having a 5-0 record and having only boxed one woman with a winning record (and she was 2-1). This somehow is a WBA World Title fight.

...i did just follow Bridges on Instagram though.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Mr Lawrence said:

Find Shannon Courtenay quite annoying tbh.

Wasn’t there a thing not too long ago about a load of dodgy old tweets she put out? Think there was stuffΒ about Muslims, black people, fat people, homophobic comments, the lot. She was going for the full house. The defence seemed to be that the tweetsΒ were years old from when she was in her early 20s or something. I know people can change butΒ you’d have to do a lot of changing in 7Β years or so to flip that kind of attitude around. Can’t find her apology now but I recall thatΒ seeming quite hollow as well, and reeked of something that wasΒ just put out as a PR thing in a desperate attempt to damage control.Β Just get the feeling she’s a bit of a nastyΒ unpleasant little shit behind the β€˜role model for women’ she initially tried to portray.

Seems most of the incriminating stuff has convenientlyΒ disappeared now. Did find this though;

5CB9C8F2-0127-4ACA-B3FE-ED4C30B71569.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

She admits she turned her life around at some point after finding boxing, she even found god and all that. You still get that feeling from listening to her that she could be a right nasty piece of work though.Β 

Im Team Bridges here. I listened to the press conference and a few interviews this afternoon, im probably more excited for this now than i should be, it doesnt take much to draw me in πŸ˜„

skysports-shannon-courtenay_5334618.jpg?

Benn/Vargas should be good too. Benn has become must-see for me, both fightwise and outside of the ring, one of the best interviews in the game. Vargas will come to fight so this could be a good one.

skysports-conor-benn-samuel-vargas_53346

• Paid Members

Conor Benn trash talking in English and Spanish is my favourite thing today. Listening to him talk and his accent,Β I always forget he grew up in Spain.Β 

Really looking forward to this. Good test for Benn as well, Vargas is tough and nobody to sleep on. I think Benn gets it done but you never know. He’s reigned in the wildness just a tad in recent fights but it’s in there. He’s his old man’s son all over and it doesn’t take a lot to drag him into a scrap. Should be good.Β 

• Paid Members

I would imagine boxers would experience fewer issues having fake boobs in fights than they would in MMA, but surely it's still a bit risky?