This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing (Eubank Jr vs. Muratov - Oct. 2nd)🥊
  • Paid Members

Yeah, Sky wanna stay in the PPV business too, and they dont have many fights really available to them at the moment to fit that bill. Eubank/Saunders would be one of them.

The plan is for Eubank to win tomorrow then announced a "big" fight for December, they've confirmed that's not going to be Saunders though, which was fairly obvious but i think people were getting ahead of themselves.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing (Smith vs. Fowler - Oct. 9th)🥊
  • Paid Members

dont forget, if you want a warm up for Fury/Wilder, theres 2 solid domestic cards going on this evening.

In Liverpool:

20211009_083958.thumb.jpg.9a0c9ed101db9d64a699db94d3a6bfe1.jpg

The battle of Liverpool. Cant wait for this, should be a mental atmoshere in the echo. The card is widely being applauded for its depth too. No mismatches on this card.

this is over on BT Sport directly leading into the Furt PPV.

From Birmingham:

20211009_084322.thumb.jpg.850b28a3500a15fbf2b970d21512089f.jpg

• Paid Members

Smith/Fowler was cracking! Thought Fowler started brilliantly but he was slowly disarmed and outgunned and the levels showed in the end. No titles, just a domestic rivalry played out in front of their home crowd, excellent stuff.

Missed most of Cheeseman/Williamson which im gutted about. Looked an absolute classic. 

Shannon Courtney had an absolute mare though didnt she. Lost her title on the scales then lost to an unheralded American, i thought quite clearly. Courtney acting like she was robbed just summed it all up considering her corner was making it clear to her between rounds that she was behind. Id saw a lot on twitter pre-fight that Mitchell was worth a punt at the bookies but being the shit better i am, i ignored it.

Like seeing Molly McCann on the broadcast, nice to see MMA and Boxing mixing in a positive way.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing 🥊
  • Paid Members

2nd Sky Boxxer show tonight. 

20211016_104941.thumb.jpg.c8a40d051b549a3fd26930edcb977b89.jpg

Sky's bad luck continued by losing Ritson/Lundy before weigh in's which was easily the most competitive fight at the top of the card.

Fury/Hammer could be decent. I keeping waiting for Fury to put it altogether and Hammer gives everyone a tough nights work. Fury will have to work for it.

Eubank/Awidjan has me weirdly intrigued. Eubank is 1/100 to win, but Awidjan is coming in talking like hes gonna win. Hes either having us on, deluded or better than anyone thinks. He's 18-1 but hasnt beaten anyone you'll have heard of. I expect Eubank to win in style but just want to see if Awidjan backs up anything hes been saying. Ive never seen such a big underdog talk shit😄

Lots of the new Sky crop underneath, be interesting to see what they have coming through.

DAZN have this tonight:

E_aioNWVUAAimd_.0.thumb.jpg.3c1d3d7bb036fc67c02ccfc5d90e386b.jpg

The return of Mikey Garcia. People expecting to blow through Martin but i think it'll be more competitive than people realise. These European Champions who stay based on their own country are better than people give them credit for and Martin does that in Spain. Could be a decent little sleeper fight.

A bit of a shame for Sky that the 3 'main' matches were all fairly one sided.

I'm not sure on Hughie Fury at all, he seems like he's trying so hard to be like Tyson with his comments and humour, although I guess humour and the like does run in the family. Eubank beat that guy up pretty bad by the end, the body shots looked painful and it appears that he broke the guys ribs, so although he didn't get the showstopping finish it was a pretty decent performance. 

Looking forward to Marshall vs Shields. Marshall absolutely battered that poor young lady who had some serious heart to keep eating them. I think Peter Fury had expected Muzeya to start fast as Marshall didn't panic and just got on with it. After the first 30 seconds it was so one sided it was quite hard to watch someone get pummelled.

I don't know if Sky were doing the production, but it was very poor early on. Cutting off in the middle of an interview, it also cut off at another strange time, might have been when the pundits were talking and when it came back the conversation was on something else, although it did get better as the night went on. As a whole Sky's production is really poor at the moment, whoever does it during the golf doesn't even watch the action, the shot (a birdie putt, or par putt, or 2nd shot) is often wrong and they have got players names wrong too. On the first morning of the Ryder cup they had Daniel Berger as Daniel Burger.

• Paid Members

it was an unbelievable fight, yet neither seemed to put a significant dent in the other despite battering each other for 12 rounds, crazy.

Anyone catch Martin's win over Mikey Garcia? a huge upset. Garcia just didnt look at the races but seemed to think he was winning comfortably. Martin was awesome. Not a great fight, but easily one of the best performances of the year.

Sky card was ok, Eubanks opponent looked good for 3 rounds then drowned once it got tough, Eubank is being turned into a completely different fighter by Roy Jones. Marshall/Shields is building nicely. 

It feels like Hughie Fury has been actively told to be more aggressive and show some personality. It kind of worked. 

And again, do yourselves a favour. If you didnt see it, go watch Brad Rea vs. Jez Smith from the Sky undercard:

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Herring vs. Stevenson - 23rd Oct)
  • Paid Members

only real notable fight fight is a good one.

Live on Sky Sports.

DaZdqXfiKvQohWPVej7zL5-1200-80.thumb.jpg.a6ace10a1b8cc635247eb9260f395830.jpg

One of the sports real up and coming stars goes against a proper veteran Champion whos in good form. 

Quite looking forward to this, the contrast in personalities is interesting. Stevenson rocks up at everything with the cliche entourage, Herring just wanders around alone seemed bemused but it all. Id love to see Herring pull this off, but i expect Stevenson to win on points.

Some build up: