This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Crazy, if he can get to even a half decent level theres gonna be some fun nights ahead. According to Boxrec he hasnt even got an opponent for Saturday night yet but hes still bringing a shit load of coaches worth of fans 😄

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing (Lara vs. Warrington 2 - Sept 4th)🥊
  • Paid Members

Saturday:

20210902_083312.thumb.jpg.295a1e4733066fae53e4db919694c1d8.jpg

I dont think many people would have predicted a stadium rematch between these two at the beginning of the year. 

Josh Warrington losing to Mauricio Lara was probably the biggest upset of the year. It was a routine tickover for Warrington at the time against a guy who had never fought outside of Mexico. Lara dusted Warrington in 9 rounds, Warrington was hurt constantly in the fight and finally stopped despite being a 1/33 favorite.

The jury is still out on Lara. Did he have the night of his life? did Warrington take him lightly? is Warrington finished? Is Lara better than anyone expected? who knows.

Undercard is solid, the highlight being Benn/Granados which is carried over from Fight Camp.

If DAZN loads up its fight nights like this we are in for a bit of a treat. The roster is a bit thin if they are to keep providing depth like this on a monthly basis.

• Paid Members

ahh what a sickener! 6 minutes of good action and its done after a clash of heads. I thought Warrington would start super cautious but he got drawn in, to be honest i think he have ended up getting chinned again cause he was playing with fire. Warrington's ring walk was good though.

grim.

• Paid Members

It seems set up for Warrington to fight Kid Galahad for the title. Both guys are on the same platform so i wouldnt be surprised see them go with that. Warrington seems intent on fighting Lara though.

Elsewhere on the card...

Benn/Granados was strange one. By the around round 8 i thought Granados had basically sussed Benn out and won the last few rounds. Its split opinion though, i think one judge gave Benn every round. Felt like a sideways step for Benn. He's still must see TV though.

Im over Katie Taylor fighting these random mandatorys. She levels above her opponents and until shes in another big fight its hard to get excited about it.

Maxi Hughes stole the night. I think Straffon ended up being what people thought Lara may be. A guy who came in unheralded and hadcthe night of his life against James Tennyson. Hughes schooled Straffon for 10 rounds. The commentary team were rightfully praising it up but i think this was very much case of Straffon not really being much cop. Id live to see him back over though cause hes game.

Edited by Egg Shen