This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yep, outrageous that. I don't think anyone predicted that Liam Smith would win by stoppage, I was adamant it would go 12. You just never know in combat sports.

The night was fairly flat, thought the Essuman/Kongo fight was really good, Riakporhe looked decent but the heavyweight fights were poor and the atmosphere was muted until the main event, then it went absolutely banana, felt like a special night.

But yeah, give us the rematch, at Anfield in the summer, that would be epic.

FnCLHCjXwAEn2cH.thumb.jpg.0045836e584d0dc157b53141243cadcb.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I thought Eubank's downfall was probably how well he started to connect in the 3rd. Just got a bit careless in the 4th and boom. 

I don't know if any of you have seen any of the Propa Boxing channel on YouTube but as he rightly says, listen to David Haye pick the winner of a fight and then back the other fighter. Haye picked Eubank. 

• Paid Members

Yeah Eubank had a really good 3rd round, he just came out got clipped early in 4 and to be fair to Smith that was one hell of a finish. He put Eubank into the meat grinder for a few seconds and wasn't gonna let him get off the hook.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Seeing Conor Benn gloating about it after the fight has completed his heel turn for me. If that fight ever happens I’ll be fully rooting for Eubank now.

Gutted with the result and like the rest of you have said, a finish like that so early on isn’t something I was expecting from either man. That swelling…

471295A6-33B3-4EE3-B505-35CAD3C6E451.jpeg

6 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Seeing Conor Benn gloating about it after the fight has completed his heel turn for me. If that fight ever happens I’ll be fully rooting for Eubank now.

I saw he instagrammed/tweeted/whatever.. the other day, a picture of himself with the caption "Thank god for science." 

Probably better off thanking, Eddie's brown envelope.

Still no explanation of anything what happened, just loads of smoke blowing.

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Beterbiev vs. Yarde - Jan 28th)
  • Paid Members

Completely forgot this was so close. Just seen this on Twitter, and now just clocked that Ebb’s updated the thread title. It’s snuck up quick. It’s on normal BT Sport as well, which is a pleasant surprise to be honest. Seems like these days pretty much any half decent fight is stuck on Box Office. Can’t see past a Beterbiev win myself but I’m looking forward to it.

8F5DE0A5-2E8F-46A0-B48F-3628D2178296.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Yep, can't wait for it. You gotta hand it to him, Anthony Yarde may not step up very often but when he does he goes right in the deep end.

Gotta favour Beterbiev to win it, but you can never count out someone with Anthony Yarde's power, Beterbiev has been dropped and hurt a couple of times during his career too. Think it could simply be a case of who lands the big shot first. 40 KO's between them in 42 wins.

Undercard is full of showcase mismatches other than random World Title fight which has landed in the co-main event. Show also has the debut of Moses Itauma, 18 year old Heavyweight they are tipping to beat Mike Tyson's record of being the youngest ever Heavyweight Champion ever. It all seems a bit of a marketing angle but i'm interested to see how he looks

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Show also has the debut of Moses Itauma, 18 year old Heavyweight they are tipping to beat Mike Tyson's record of being the youngest ever Heavyweight Champion ever. It all seems a bit of a marketing angle but i'm interested to see how he looks

The WBA should be able to sort this out. They have a World Champion, a Super Champion, a Super-Duper Champion and a I Can't Believe He's Not A World Champion. 

What I'm trying to say is that Gilberto Mendoza loves a sanctioning fee. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

I don't think so? I hope not, I don't mind the bandy legged fuck.

My attempt at a joke has missed the mark Eggy old boy. He beat Guidry by Split decision before the Dubois fight. The bandy legged fuck certainly didn't look like a pro fighter against Dubois.