This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Liked the look of Lyndon Arthur. He handled a relentless pressure fighter with what looked like relative ease. It wasn't overly exciting but it has wet the appetite for an Arthur/Yarde fight later in the year which was clearly the intention.

yeah good performance. I thought it could have been stopped about round 8 onwards as it was quite clear spelman wasn't going to win, nor doesn't have the history of knockouts so felt it was needless punishment. 

even so both fighters come out with credit. Arthur Yarde will be tasty, and Spelman is definitely the gatekeeper of the domestic division now. Which is a good role to have. Delboy Chisora has been the world level gate keeper for years 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

wee spot of free boxing on tonight, it streams on youtube and on the Sky channel Showcase which will show the main event and co-main event (channel 192).

Decent main event on it, Jono Carroll vs. Maxi Hughes, i'll probably just tune in for that.

IMG_20200812_065657.jpg.7f68d3784bfce7560203a027196de9dc.jpg

here's the youtube link:

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

fucking hell, saw a few people on twitter saying Hughes a good shout at 10/1 for the upset tonight, i didnt take the advice and he wins a decision😪 typical. Good fight too, Hughes looked real good, nice to see him take a big scalp.

• Paid Members

couple of notable shows tomorrow night outside of the Matchroom Fight Camp show.

On BT...

a7c9fd34-fb50-4c58-ba2d-97e9715bbd8b.jpg

Modified show to what Warren initially announced. Frampton and Conlan get run outs. The more interesting stuff will be on the undercard.

Showtime also returns with its first card back, like the look of this (dont think its on UK TV).

20200813_Preview_BenavidezAngulo.jpg

if you are still now familiar with Benavidez i recommend you get involved, exciting fighter. He's lost his belt on the scales though, twonk.

Otto Wallin/Travis Kaufman is chief support, interested to Wallin back after the Fury fight.

• Paid Members

Daniel Dubois gets a run out tomorrow...IMG_20200828_204708.thumb.jpg.b991e25d8f9b603dac4f5ec69d559e3e.jpg

Snijders is a late replacement, is 18-1 but is coming up from Cruiserweight. Dont expect it to last long. At least Dubois squashes are fun.

IMG_20200829_102824.thumb.jpg.2b6dad68d82a00491fbed8c78b187f9d.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

well this one wasnt fun, Snijders had nothing and Dubois got shot of him with body punches in about 4 minutes. Suppose the path is clear for Dubois/Joyce, i just dont see it happening in October. Joe Joyce on the broadcast was painful once again though, why doesnt his manager speak for him?

talking point/travesty of the night was Sunny Edwards' hair though, what the fuck was this about:

• Paid Members

sorry to spam the thread, but the Kharitanov/Williams show has been picked up by Boxnation. 

Brit. Umar Sadiq challenges Fedor Chudinov last minute for some kind of World Title.

Edited by Egg Shen

Heffron/Bentley has me as excited as any fight in some time.

Denzel’s my mate so it’s hard to stay unbiased, despite them both being our guys. I just hope the fight is what I think it could be.

Such a Great, great fight. SHOULD be fireworks (though feels like whenever there is a guaranteed banger in MMA or boxing, they seem to fizzle 🤣)