Kasabian PR swerve

neil

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Factotum said:

The first statement read rather weirdly when I first saw it, no 'we will support Tom' or anything like that, so you could tell something was coming. Seems like they were under the impression he would have explained everything and he didn't.

Yep same here, I read it as though he'd done something bad and they weren't sticking with him over it, which is why I was surprised by the 'swerve' title in this very thread. You knew from the statement that it was going to be abuse or noncery or something.

Why didn’t they get rid of him as soon as they knew he was pleading guilty? It’s not like it would’ve harmed his defence. It’s damage limitation, standing by their mate without standing by their mate. 

16 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Why didn’t they get rid of him as soon as they knew he was pleading guilty? It’s not like it would’ve harmed his defence. It’s damage limitation, standing by their mate without standing by their mate. 

Far be it for me to defend Kasabian (Serge spilt my drink in Ibiza once and didn't say sorry) but I can only assume there was some sort of gagging order or it was down to some legality? 

Maybe I'm giving them too much benefit.

If only there was a thread to discuss legal issues...

21 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Speculation of course but we don't know exactly when they found out the full extent of it all or when he said he was pleading guilty. 

11 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

yeh, maybe they didn't know?

So he told them the day before he was in court that he was pleading guilty to battering his partner and this was the first they know of the whole thing?  Nah. 

I wonder if he could’ve done a wrongful dismissal claim if they sacked him before he was convicted? If only there was a law thread where I could ask. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Yep same here, I read it as though he'd done something bad and they weren't sticking with him over it, which is why I was surprised by the 'swerve' title in this very thread. You knew from the statement that it was going to be abuse or noncery or something.

I say swerve because the first PR was literally the day before this came out. Given what they said I can only assume they knew then, why not just say nothing, wait for the verdict and then make a release. What they said initially could easily be interpreted as someone with substance issues for example, so a bunch of people came out going "fair play Tom m8" only to then find out he's been kicking the shit out of his missus.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Far be it for me to defend Kasabian (Serge spilt my drink in Ibiza once and didn't say sorry) but I can only assume there was some sort of gagging order or it was down to some legality? 

More details on this please.

If only there was a thread to discuss legal issues...

Its this thread innit

17 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

So he told them the day before he was in court that he was pleading guilty to battering his partner and this was the first they know of the whole thing?  Nah. 

Its highly possible that the full extent of it hadn't been know to them. 'Tom's been arrested over a domestic issue but he's pleading not guilty' is different to 'Tom's hit his girlfriend in the face and dragged her around the garden, there's video and he's pleading guilty'

By the way I don't work for their PR team!

I may be wrong but I don’t believe they didn’t know he was pleading guilty until the day before his trial. They’d have had discussions about all the possible outcomes otherwise they couldn’t have planned for what the next year had in store.