Matchroom Fight Camp 🏕🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Does anyone else think that Whyte v Povetkin is a PPV headliner? 

I know a guy who does...

E34E6E95-7C49-4427-9CA9-41DA05A0DA5E.gif

But no. I won’t be paying 20 notes for this. Not a chance. 

Edited by wandshogun09

Whyte is a bigger name than Campbell, Brook and a few others who have headlined on box office in recent years. 

But in terms of quality, heck no should Whyte be a headliner. I like the guy, but he's nowhere near the best in the world. Fury, Usyk and even Joshua would all have few issues with him. I'd be amazed if he even won 2 rounds against an on song Fury. 

• Paid Members

It’s the way things are now isn’t it? Anyone with any kind of name fights now and they whack a £20 charge on it. I stopped paying for them a while ago. I don’t mind buying the legit big fights. I’ll pay for Joshua vs Fury in a heartbeat if that ever happens. But they’re not getting my money for just any old shite. I won’t miss the fight, just won’t pay for it. 

• Paid Members

Just an unbelievable ending. I thought Sky were a tad biased but Whyte was cruising along. The two knockdowns in round 4 weren't even that heavy, it just seemed like Povetkin was a little bit shot, especially from a punch resistance standpoint, fight seemed done and dusted going into round 5. Then holllly shit, 30 seconds in Povetkin lands the uppercut from the gods. Incredible punch/ko. Joshua said it post fight, but Povetkin really does have one of the best highlight reels in heavyweight history, its mental.

Taylor/Persoon was more of the first fight. A sloppy mess really, but it was dramatic. I wasnt scoring but the Taylor by 5 rounds card was way off.

• Paid Members

Frightening KO. Must admit my first thought was ‘well at least this eliminates Whyte as an obstacle to getting Joshua vs Fury’. Now we just need Wilder to get abducted by aliens or something. Nobody gives a bollocks about that ‘trilogy’. It’s not even a proper trilogy if one man bosses both fights, is it?

Alan Babic fucking annihilating Shawndell Winters was the highlight of the undercard for me. Nothing pretty about it he just went in and steamrolled him in 2 rounds.

893-E8-B12-666-D-480-E-B8-E3-9-B62-F08-D

I like Babic. And Winters was talking a lot of shit earlier in the week which Babic didn’t take kindly to. This was hilarious if you didn’t see it; 

“You’re slow. You’re slow. S.L.A.O. Slow.”

😂