Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members

Just finished series one of Detectorists and it’s absolutely perfect, isn’t it? The most wholesome, sweet but funny tv you could hope for to end 2020. The highlight for me was the pub quiz episode, I can’t remember ever enjoying 30 mins of television more than that. 
The show is quite light on plot but that doesn’t seem to matter, it’s just a pleasure to watch their lives unfold for half an hour at a time.

Two episodes in to series two and I’m really hating the ginger Kraut but I guess that’s the point. I’m going to be gutted when I finish this.

Edited by stumobir
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is this like when they do spinoffs like CSI:Miami and Law & Order:SVU? 

Almost fucking wept when I saw Mays was in it. In many ways, I'm Nilsen's 13th victim.

He paid for my breakfast once, so I'll not have a word against him. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, stumobir said:

Just finished series one of Detectorists and it’s absolutely perfect, isn’t it? The most wholesome, sweet but funny tv you could hope for to end 2020. The highlight for me was the pub quiz episode, I can’t remember ever enjoying 30 mins of television more than that. 
The show is quite light on plot but that doesn’t seem to matter, it’s just a pleasure to watch their lives unfold for half an hour at a time.

Two episodes in to series two and I’m really hating the ginger Kraut but I guess that’s the point. I’m going to be gutted when I finish this.

For me it gets even better as you get to know the characters more. It’s an absolute joy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After Watching Back to The 80's, I've been watching the 90's, 00's and 10's ones while grazing on left over cocktail sausage rolls and cheese throughout the day. I've noticed that many of the people doing the talking heads have earpieces in, presumably being fed lines and info about the show they've never watched before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

After Watching Back to The 80's, I've been watching the 90's, 00's and 10's ones while grazing on left over cocktail sausage rolls and cheese throughout the day. I've noticed that many of the people doing the talking heads have earpieces in, presumably being fed lines and info about the show they've never watched before.

Was Scarlett Moffatt on any of them? I was watching the story of SMTV and she was on there and I was thinking that she will make quite the career out of being a professional talking head. As I’m sure I’ve seen her on a couple of others as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Was Scarlett Moffatt on any of them? I was watching the story of SMTV and she was on there and I was thinking that she will make quite the career out of being a professional talking head. As I’m sure I’ve seen her on a couple of others as well. 

Of course she is

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Was Scarlett Moffatt on any of them? I was watching the story of SMTV and she was on there and I was thinking that she will make quite the career out of being a professional talking head. As I’m sure I’ve seen her on a couple of others as well. 

so is Iain Lee, but I am assuming that is because the 11 O'Clock Show and Gogglebox will be discussed for the relevant shows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Tonight's one-off new year edition of Taskmaster (which contained no comedians by trade) was better than any episode from the last series. Every single contestant was much better than Richard Herring and Katherine Parkinson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Tonight's one-off new year edition of Taskmaster (which contained no comedians by trade) was better than any episode from the last series. Every single contestant was much better than Richard Herring and Katherine Parkinson.

I actually think they would be funnier without everyone being a comedian. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
21 minutes ago, theironshake said:

I actually think they would be funnier without everyone being a comedian. 

Most series do that anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Eh? No they don't, the lineups always consist of comedians. Sometimes they throw in a sitcom actor and very occasionally a presenter. 

I think Alice Levine is the only contestant who isn't a stand up or comedy writer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, theironshake said:

Richard Osmand too. 

Richard Osman has done writing work on stuff like Who's Line Is It Anyway back in the day. Everyone also obviously remembers his work writing the world famous Channel 4 animated comedy show, Bromwell High, but that goes without saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
Just now, wordsfromlee said:

Richard Osman has done writing work on stuff like Who's Line Is It Anyway back in the day. Everyone also obviously remembers his work writing the world famous Channel 4 animated comedy show, Bromwell High, but that goes without saying.

He was behind a lot of Endemol comedy output over the years both before and after becoming an on screen personality on Pointless. The point I was making is yeah, some have had comedy acting gigs like Hugh Dennis or Katherine Parkinson. But they aren’t or known for Stand Up. So you have a mix of stand up comics and non stand ups. Arguing if they are known for comedy roles is just picking peanuts 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He was behind a lot of Endemol comedy output over the years both before and after becoming an on screen personality on Pointless. The point I was making is yeah, some have had comedy acting gigs like Hugh Dennis or Katherine Parkinson. But they aren’t or known for Stand Up. So you have a mix of stand up comics and non stand ups. Arguing if they are known for comedy roles is just picking peanuts 

Everyone who's been on Taskmaster, bar Alice Levine and to an extent Katherine Parkinson, have been comedy writers so saying every series doesn't have them isn't really right. Some might not be active stand ups these days, but they all come from the world of comic writing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...