2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Without meaning to sound like the awful Peter Kay, does anyone remember a black magazine show that was on in the early to mid 90s? The host was a comedian who acted and was dressed like an old guy. There was a dating segment on there too where they’d call out audience members names to take part and a hype guy would go into the audience to get them while giving them a hip hop type name. For instance a Carl McCoy would be called and he’d be all like “Yo I’m looking for Da Real McCoy, get yoself down here”

It was “The A Force” and Roy Diamond was the host. I can sleep now (lol j/k like my mind will let me sleep)

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is this like when they do spinoffs like CSI:Miami and Law & Order:SVU? 

Almost fucking wept when I saw Mays was in it. In many ways, I'm Nilsen's 13th victim.

He paid for my breakfast once, so I'll not have a word against him. 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

The only A Force is Audley Harrison. One of the Four Horsemen of British heavyweight boxing when it was at its peak. 

Of course. It was the black that confused me. The show I was on about was called “Desmonds”. 

• Paid Members
On 12/16/2020 at 12:09 PM, wordsfromlee said:

I enjoyed it but as with a lot of BBC dramas, it gets a bit silly towards the end. Worth sticking with and watching though. 

Yep, pretty much it. Great cast though, and Callum Turner is superb. Holliday Grainger isn't strong enough in the lead though.

Started Battlestar Galactica today and found somewhere to watch King of the Hill, so they'll keep me busy for a while. Also going to plough through Parks and Recreation as I only made it to series 4 first time round. Might give Alice in Borderland a shot on Neflix too, anyone watched it?

I'm tempted to rewatch Parks and Recreation, but I will skip the first series if I do, it's crap. 

We just embarked on Arrested Development again as it's been a few years, might skip the the last two series of the that to be honest, but we'll see how we go. 

• Paid Members

Watched the last series of Episodes over the last couple of nights. 7 is an unusual number of episode for a series, and it feels awfully predictable in places. I don't know whether the BBC were as involved in the last series as they were the other 4 as it feels different. 

• Paid Members

King of the Hill is superb. You are in for a treat if you've never seen it before.

First six or so seasons are among my favourite tv of all time. Goes downhill quite badly towards the end.

Great characters and great heart, really stands out as a non wacky adult animated show.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, gmoney said:

I'm tempted to rewatch Parks and Recreation, but I will skip the first series if I do, it's crap. 

We just embarked on Arrested Development again as it's been a few years, might skip the the last two series of the that to be honest, but we'll see how we go. 

I don't even really consider seasons 4 and 5 as proper Arrested Development to be honest. Season 4 has some funny moments but overall the plot makes very little sense and goes nowhere. Season 5 is just absolutely terrible and shit in every respect.