Pipe bombs

tiger_rick

The promo Punk cuts on Vince, with him and Vince in the ring during contract negotiating is way better than the pipe bomb in my opinion. Punk absolutely shone like a star opposite Vince, who played everything note perfect himself.

Edited by DCW

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

"Owen, I love ya" Gets me every time. Bret's look to the crowd as they embrace is the best as well.

Can't believe they pixelated Davey Boy's sublime buttocks. There's no need to make it that family friendly.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, bbabba said:

Cena and Bryan on Miz TV before Summerslam 2013 was amazing.  Whole promo was excellent, but I've put the link below to start towards the end of it, which was a kind on nod to the smart fans, but still kept true to the story and the intensity of the promo.

"You know I wish, I wish so bad that I could do that (slap Cena like a Japanese wrestler) you right now...but I can't, because you're not a wrestler, and you don't deserve it."

This is a great promo but also I don't really like it because it goes down the "Cena isn't a real wrestler!" shit we had already heard a bunch of times by that point and is clearly bollocks anyway. I've never really liked the both men stand in the ring and monologue closely at eachother style of promo WWE has loved to do over the past decade.

Mark Henry during his Hall of Pain run was banging out classic promos every week. My favourite was immediately after winning the World title:

Scary, believable, legitimate, gets himself and the title over in an absolutely massive way. When he screams "I'M NEVER...EVER...LOSING THIS TITLE!" you believe him. Instant main eventer after that promo, and the ratings grew pretty quickly during his reign to prove it.

• Paid Members

That might be his best work, and decades ahead of its time.

People talk about kayfabe being dead, but Pillman realised before anyone else that you just need to change up your game. The "smartest" crowd in the world, and he plays them like a fiddle. You just need to know which buttons to press, and when you know that, the people who think they're above being "worked" are the easiest ones of all to work.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

That might be his best work, and decades ahead of its time.

People talk about kayfabe being dead, but Pillman realised before anyone else that you just need to change up your game. The "smartest" crowd in the world, and he plays them like a fiddle. You just need to know which buttons to press, and when you know that, the people who think they're above being "worked" are the easiest ones of all to work.

I can't remember who exactly, but I recall a quote from a noted ex-conman on a doc I watched once when he said "Intelligent people are easier to con, because they think they can't be conned - they look for all the little signs but don't ask the awkward, big questions that stupid people ask".