UFC Fight Island: Kattar vs Ige - Jul 15 🇦🇪 🏝

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yep. It’s providing he tests negative though, of course.

All gone very quiet on the Frankie Edgar front. I thought Ricky Simon or Marlon Vera had to be the frontrunners but they’re both in Abu Dhabi and there’s still been no news. 

they offered him Jimmie Rivera, but Frankie turned it down according to this:

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/jimmie-rivera-claims-frankie-edgar-turned-him-down-for-fight-island-matchup-frankie-said-no/

If Kattar wins, he could easily be put in a title eliminator, he took that 3rd round vs Zabit when he came in on short notice. 

Will be great to see how it plays out, Volk has got some real killers waiting for him.

Edited by sukhy

• Paid Members

Completely forgot this was a midweek show until this kid at work mentioned it to me today. Nice. Just going to have to avoid the spoilers until I get to watch it sometime tomorrow.

Main event should be quality. I rate Ige but I am expecting a Kattar win. I really think he could be a player in the division in the not too distant future. Phillips vs Chimaev is the standout on the prelims for me. Sounds like it’s probably going to be a wild bombfest until someone hits the deck. 

Chimnaev absolutely tooled that fat Welsh lad. With his hair lip, pointy ears and sinister beard he looked like a villian from the Lord of the Rings.

What was the deal with Abdul Razak? He was my favourite up and coming fighter a few years ago until he was sent down on multiple rape charges or something similarly awful. Was the case dropped? He surely can't be out of prison already! That was a great fight though.

Most of the UK fighters got whacked with the exception of Manchester's Lerone Murphy who looked good and picked up the fight bonus after some heavy ground and pound.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

What was the deal with Abdul Razak? He was my favourite up and coming fighter a few years ago until he was sent down on multiple rape charges or something similarly awful. Was the case dropped? He surely can't be out of prison already! That was a great fight though.

He was found not guilty. There’s an article on it here which gives a bit more info; 

https://www.insider.com/abdul-alhassan-cried-during-rape-allegations-cleared-revenge-2020-7?amp&__twitter_impression=true

If he’s not telling the truth then he’s even more sick for saying something like ‘why does God let people like that live?’ about his accusers. If he’s being honest then it’s a terrible thing to happen to him, of course. But I always find it difficult to doubt the accusers in cases like this, even if a not guilty is ruled. Because it would take a particularly dedicated, delusional and demented liar to go through with a false rape accusation to the point it gets before a jury. I always tend to believe that if someone is willing to put themselves through that kind of ordeal, there’s most likely truth to the accusations. Just my opinion. 

I was with you 100% as well. I was becoming a big fan of him before the story broke. By the time he wiped out Niko Price I was fully on board. Don’t know what to make of him now though. 

• Paid Members

found this abit of a slog the other night, i watched the prelims i was interested in, then was so tired during the main card that i couldnt really get into it.

Highlight of the show was undoubtably the debut of Khamzat Chimaev. That was one of those debuts where you realise you might be witnessing the start of something very special. Got strong Khabib vibes during the fight and the talk since is that he's Khabib 2.0. Guy looks the real deal. Great soundbites too.

Rumor is Dana is gonna get him on fhe July 25th card.