The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a quick go of Thunderdome tonight. It’s pretty much exactly the same as watching the show normally, only with the added bonus of being so distracted trying to find yourself in the crowd that thi

Collectively, they sound like a verse from Red Hot Chili Peppers’ By The Way. What an odd choice.

Like going to a show and calling people cunts?

Posted Images

I mean, Shane McMahon basically said he had no brain cells and Braun still tried to thank him, by turning his back on Lashley.

That whole segment they basically pointed at Braun and yelled 'BIG THICK THICKO OVER HERE!'

Raw is not a good television show, and the main event scene is septic. Drew will interfere in Lashley's title shot, we'll get a triple threat at Fastlane and no one will care.

Also, i'm telling you, either Damian Priest or BadBunny are getting the Mania shot. They'll put it on the night where Bianca BelAir headlines and they'll use it to drive publicity. It utterly stinks of it to me.

I'd been enjoying a lot of Priest's work in NXT. I thought they did a good job of developing the character and he was having solid matches, so I thought he'd have a fair shot on the main roster. Never in a million years is any of this where I saw him going.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/dec/04/how-did-bad-bunny-become-the-worlds-biggest-pop-star

I mean, if this kid wants a serious, headliner-level role in what is otherwise going to be a down year for Mania... they’d be mad not to give it to him wouldn’t they?

From a pure wrestling perspective it’s horrific, but when there’s no Rock, Triple H, Cena, Taker... you could do worst than the ‘worlds biggest pop star’ to drum up interest and try and show you’re not just a concern for internet nerds.

3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/dec/04/how-did-bad-bunny-become-the-worlds-biggest-pop-star

I mean, if this kid wants a serious, headliner-level role in what is otherwise going to be a down year for Mania... they’d be mad not to give it to him wouldn’t they?

From a pure wrestling perspective it’s horrific, but when there’s no Rock, Triple H, Cena, Taker... you could do worst than the ‘worlds biggest pop star’ to drum up interest and try and show you’re not just a concern for internet nerds.

In terms of the logic behind it, I really can't question it at all. I had no fucking clue who he was when he first turned up but I've read about him since and the numbers don't lie. He's a genuine star and he really seems interested in the product and into it, which is nicer than just randoms popping up and not really having a clue. I get the hate from a purist perspective but Mania has been celebrity driven since it started. And as you say, it's still going to be a 'down' year for Mania really, so why wouldn't they want to give him a role. How far they go with it.. well that's another thing but I guess we'll see.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I mean, Shane McMahon basically said he had no brain cells and Braun still tried to thank him, by turning his back on Lashley.

That whole segment they basically pointed at Braun and yelled 'BIG THICK THICKO OVER HERE!'

Raw is not a good television show, and the main event scene is septic. Drew will interfere in Lashley's title shot, we'll get a triple threat at Fastlane and no one will care.

Also, i'm telling you, either Damian Priest or BadBunny are getting the Mania shot. They'll put it on the night where Bianca BelAir headlines and they'll use it to drive publicity. It utterly stinks of it to me.

I don’t see Drew interfering next week, I think he shows up after the match to get payback on Lashley after he wins the belt then the week after makes the challenge for Fastlane, Miz invokes his rematch clause meaning we get the predictable number 1 contender match between Drew and Miz which ends when Sheamus costs Drew the match meaning we get Sheamus/Drew (with a Mania shot on the line) and Miz/Lashley at Fastlane 

• Paid Members

I think whoever suggested Lashley winning the belt so Drew can win it in front of fans and hit a big system restore on the last year may be right based off last night.

It does really feel like Drew bashing his way through the Hurt Business on the Road to Mania to stop the numbers advantage and then beating Bobby and I'd think being the first person to pin him in months would be what they'd hope would reaffirm him.

Having checked Cage match, bar a flash pin from Riddle in January that ended up with him getting battered, I don't think Lashley has been pinned since June and that was Drew. Absolutely could be the person WWE wants Drew to retake his top spot from.

Edited by Shy Dad
22 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Remember last Summer when Randy Orton turned it on and he was absolutely incredible? Now he seems to be coughing up socks.

Buzzing for Papa Shango's return. Long overdue. 

29 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Remember last Summer when Randy Orton turned it on and he was absolutely incredible? Now he seems to be coughing up socks.

I just don’t understand what they’re doing. We’re in a situation where the WWE title match at Wrestlemania is going to feature I’d say at least 2 of Drew McIntyre, Lashley, Miz, Bad Bunny and/or Damian Priest, and they’ve got Randy Orton absolutely languishing doing this nonsense.

Is it a punishment?

Randy Orton is probably no ones choice for a main event spot most of the time, as he can be dull, but he’s a Legitimate big name who can be fantastic. How does it help, during such a down year for Mania, to have him doing this?

Also, AJ Styles. Literally treading water to allow them to showcase Omos. Ugh.

Raw is garbage, that should be the title of this thread now.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz