The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, JLM said:

This is where the Wyatt stuff gets it backwards a lot of the time. They make the lore and the mystery and the QR codes the focus of it, and fumble trying to convert any of that into wrestling angles and matches. I don’t care to see anyone on the roster feuding with Bo Dallas in a silly costume, and them murdering some random people and Chad Gable in Gorilla position doesn’t change that, whereas after Kane’s debut I wanted nothing more than to see Kane vs Undertaker. 

I didn't even realize the group is supposed to be the puppets from the Funhouse until someone pointed it out. Does that mean the sixth member has to wear this? (scare warning)

Spoiler

image_09f3eae3-a9d1-4805-bc4d-5e0a12c11c8b_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1590520082

And what's the story even supposed to be? WHERE'S THE STORY

Bray only worked for me in that original run with the kinda True Detective/Manson Family stuff. When it went all real spooky bollocks it was crap.

I wish they had gone back to the roots for this. A sheep mask was way creepier and cooler than anything I saw yesterday

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The sheep mask was so cool. It also conveyed everything you needed to know about Rowan and Harper. They have fully bought into this guy’s madness and are his blindly loyal followers. It wasn’t that Bray had made him a costume and he was playing the character of Shriekin’ Sheep. The scary thing about cult leaders is that they’re usually either charlatans, fantasists or complete lunatics,  and yet they can convince people to buy into it, often to a fanatical degree. It’s not that they actually have super powers. 

Edited by JLM

14 minutes ago, JLM said:

The sheep mask was so cool. It also conveyed everything you needed to know about Rowan and Harper. They have fully bought into this guy’s madness and are his blindly loyal followers. It wasn’t that Bray had made him a costume and he was playing the character of Shriekin’ Sheep. The scary thing about cult leaders is that they’re usually either charlatans, fantasists or complete lunatics,  and yet they can convince people to buy into it, often to a fanatical degree. It’s not that they actually have super powers. 

The sheep mask is on the back of Rowan's head. He also had the Bludgeon Brothers hammer.

• Paid Members

They've had their little spooky reveal, which was about 3 minutes too long. 

Pack in all the spooky nonsense and have them be a bunch of nutjob cultist psychopaths and you'll be able to get some mileage out of it. 

Saying that I would have been a fan for life if they had interrupted Seths return and just whaled on him with a big comedy hammer for 5 minutes. 

• Paid Members

Calling it now that they double down on the spooky- everyone we saw "dead" is fine; everything that happened after the spooky door opened is in an alternate universe.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Calling it now that they double down on the spooky- everyone we saw "dead" is fine; everything that happened after the spooky door opened is in an alternate universe.

HHH to walk out of a shower or Otis was holding a snowglobe?

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

HHH to walk out of a shower or Otis was holding a snowglobe?

Triple H wakes up to find it was all a dream and it's still NXT in 2016 

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Imagine If Chad Gable hasn't signed a new contract and is never seen again. 

He's being advertised for a match next week, I'm intrigued how they'll handle that.

I'm willing to be very wrong about this - but I think the current Kofi/Xavier storyline is going to lead to Big E returning....not necessarily to wrestle, but to be back in storylines and appearing weekly.

Edited by The Dart

Thinking about it, and it'll sound harsh, but Bray Wyatt and Vince Russo had a lot in common. Both extremely creative (does that mean good, nope). Not a dab hand at penning a first chapter of something and then being complete and utter bollocks to quote Eddie Hitler afterwards. The original Wyatt Family idea was genuinely brilliant because it was steeped in some form of realism. A charming cult leader talking a load of old stuff and nonsense, but he didn't have magical powers. The Fiend was the same with those tremendous Funhouse vignettes that leaned in on some cute references but enough that you actually go them. Then he got set on fire and returned as a charred corpse and had a massive mallet. It was like people were besotted with whatever his meaning behind whatever he did was and didn't stop to tell him how this works in a wrestling show context. 

Someone mentioned the love for those sheep masks and yeah they were spot on. Wickerman vibes. In one of the vignettes where that camera crew were trying to find them they had Rowan in a field chopping wood with the mask on and he glanced at the camera and it was genuinely unsettling.

Like I said, this stuff is theme park scarefest stuff, but if people dig it and it makes them coin then it's a success I suppose.

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, The Dart said:

He's being advertised for a match next week, I'm intrigued how they'll handle that.

If they have any sense the old "Card Subject To Change" rule should apply. So expect to see him next week.