The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Not sure the truth in it but the rumours are Vince is pissed at Triple H and NXT, I presume for failing to get near AEW but not really sure, so has stopped mentioning her NXT reigns. Apparently also part of the reason Kross was pinned so quickly.

Of course they would include/Recognise the Divas title its the equivalent of The Raw womens title to the Smackdown womens title or vice versa and for about a 5-6 year period was the sole Womens Championship.

I didnt even realise the NXT reigns were ever included, they've never recognised The Mens NXT Championship as being a world title have they?

Big E has been vocal about never getting a world title match for example but has been NXT Champion so why would the Womens Reigns be counted?

They’ve always swayed between NXT being a real brand and being a development league depending on their mood but they definitely counted Charlotte’s NXT wins for a good while.

• Paid Members

Bar a match where him and Finn Balor lost a tag match as they fell out in the match, Kross hadn't been defeated on live TV since last April when he debuted. He's beat Keith Lee and Finn Balor who were both given "big" returns in the last 7 days. 

He lost in 100 seconds to a man who hit two moves on him (one being the pin with the tights) after they talked up how intellectual he was, where the main cause of the segment seemed to be the return of Jeff's music (something they even included in their YouTube vote for moment of the night).

This absolutely was a kick out at NXT. Their dominant champion just got outsmarted and beat in less time than most Divas matches used to go in the 2000s by a guy who was highlighted at being at the top of the game 13 years ago in a video package shown during the entrance. 

The two week "trip" to SyFy doesn't fill me with hope for NXT either. It feels like Vince has lost any interest in it because John and Bill are back and he remembered the good ol' days.

Raw itself I enjoyed. Lee Vs Lashley as mentioned above was a nice little match and it's good to see Keith Lee back. 

Reginald winning the 24/7 belt is nice as it adds someone else unique to those segments who can do ridiculous things to get away. It already feels like it'd be watching Crash Holly in a children's play pit levels of stupid but fun.

Made up for Nikki too. She seems like she's always willing to try anything suggested and give it her best go and if she really did suggest this gimmick then serious power to her because it does work. Little kids will absolutely always want to cheer a larger than life, wanting to do well superhero.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FUM said:

Not sure the truth in it but the rumours are Vince is pissed at Triple H and NXT, I presume for failing to get near AEW but not really sure, so has stopped mentioning her NXT reigns. Apparently also part of the reason Kross was pinned so quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised and I wouldn't blame him. They've spent millions and millions on the PC and NXT and it's produced nothing but mid-carders and was humiliated by the competition. Vince seemed to pick Triple H as his heir apparent over Shane McMahon but I wouldn't be surprised if Triple H is no longer welcome at Sunday dinner and Nick Khan is sitting in his seat these days as Vince's new son. 

23 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I wouldn't be surprised and I wouldn't blame him. They've spent millions and millions on the PC and NXT and it's produced nothing but mid-carders and was humiliated by the competition. Vince seemed to pick Triple H as his heir apparent over Shane McMahon but I wouldn't be surprised if Triple H is no longer welcome at Sunday dinner and Nick Khan is sitting in his seat these days as Vince's new son. 

In fairness to Triple H, while some if not all the NXT call ups have had a knock due to the pandemic and AEW picking up when WWE couldn't pull their standard tricks. Years before that they massively overstated the interest of your basic bitch fan by introducing a lot of the talent without much background. Plus, the poor graduates didn't have Papa H there. They have the mad emperor. The nearest some of them probably got to Vince in NXT was Road Dogg being himself. 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Chili said:

In fairness to Triple H, while some if not all the NXT call ups have had a knock due to the pandemic and AEW picking up when WWE couldn't pull their standard tricks. Years before that they massively overstated the interest of your basic bitch fan by introducing a lot of the talent without much background. Plus, the poor graduates didn't have Papa H there. They have the mad emperor. The nearest some of them probably got to Vince in NXT was Road Dogg being himself. 

While yes WWE routinely fuck up NXT call ups, there's not any I can think of that had genuine main event potential in WWE. At least not any on the mens side. Whoever was hiring and training them up in the OVW and FCW days seemed to have a better clue than Trips.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah I’ve seen loads of chat online about how, “disgusting,” and, “disrespectful,” the treatment of NXT was on this show. I don’t blame Vince at all. They completely shat the bed competing against AEW and their current champion is a mostly useless lump. Everyone talking as if Karrion Kross is some can’t-miss prospect. Get real. He’s not even convincing as the hard case monster in NXT, filled with a bunch of Johnny Kickpads. He’s got even less upside amongst the proper big men on the main roster.

I hope Vince burns a ladder on Raw next week, just to add to the disrespect.

Edited by Supremo

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

While yes WWE routinely fuck up NXT call ups, there's not any I can think of that had genuine main event potential in WWE. At least not any on the mens side. Whoever was hiring and training them up in the OVW and FCW days seemed to have a better clue than Trips.

Balor had potential when he debuted and was treated like a massive deal, but he was fucked when he got injured by poxy Rollins in his first universal title defence. All the momentum was lost from that and he was just another lad occasionally playing dress up (no explanation really given why he does that) and prancing about in with an long, overly choreographed entrance when he returned.

17 minutes ago, DCW said:

Balor had potential when he debuted and was treated like a massive deal, but he was fucked when he got injured by poxy Rollins in his first universal title defence. All the momentum was lost from that and he was just another lad occasionally playing dress up (no explanation really given why he does that) and prancing about in with an long, overly choreographed entrance when he returned.

Balor just reminded me, but who the fuck was it that was like 'We can't let Becky Lynch talk, you heard her?' My trigger reaction is Kevin Dunn but it almost feels too easy a choice.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

While yes WWE routinely fuck up NXT call ups, there's not any I can think of that had genuine main event potential in WWE. At least not any on the mens side. 

Really? Keith Lee, especially given the last year or two in the US, should be a megastar. A huge, charismatic black man who can go with anyone. He'd be a star at any point in time. 

A Hispanic guy with movie star looks and a tremendous valet who works everywhere from cruiserweight to heavyweight? Andrade was can't miss.

In Balor, they have a handsome Irish lad with the body of a greek god who is also a tremendous worker? Honestly, what more do they want to work with?

One problem they have with 'making new stars' is nobody is new on Raw or Smackdown if they go through nxt, a large percentage of your audience will be familiar with them.

I would like to see them bring some young talent straight to Raw and Smackdown, to many have that, for lack of better term, 'NXT Stink', that clearly Vince doesn't like (for reasons we can't understand because we actually live on the planet earth and no la la land).

I wonder is a big part of the problem is that Vince didn't create NXT? We seen how much he loves to bury WCW and ECW legacy, is NXT is the same boat for him now? A product that he can't be credited with so he has no intention of celebrating it?

All this does not bode well for NXT UK, I bet their 17 viewers will be worried.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Really? Keith Lee, especially given the last year or two in the US, should be a megastar. A huge, charismatic black man who can go with anyone. He'd be a star at any point in time. 

A Hispanic guy with movie star looks and a tremendous valet who works everywhere from cruiserweight to heavyweight? Andrade was can't miss.

In Balor, they have a handsome Irish lad with the body of a greek god who is also a tremendous worker? Honestly, what more do they want to work with?

I love Andrade but he's short and can barely speak English. He's not what WWE are looking for in a main eventer. 

Balor is absolutely tiny, not good at promos and his character is sometimes he wears a leather jacket but sometimes he wears facepaint. He's a good (but not spectacular) worker in a time period where there are loads of good workers wrestling the same style as he is. Not WWE main event material. 

I haven't seen enough Keith Lee to comment but my point here is that NXT is supposed to be a factory of the next generation of WWE main eventers. If you look at all the homegrown guys they've really got behind (Batista, Lesnar, Orton, Cena, Reigns - basically big handsome decent workers with charisma) no one from the Triple H NXT PC has even been close to that mould. From WWE/Vince's perspective surely this project has been a disappointment. Vince wants the next Cena but instead he's just been given a bunch of Johnny Kickpads.

Edited by LaGoosh