Feel Good Wrestling

The Reverend

I was hesitant to post this as a "feel good" moment as it brings me to tears almost everytime I watch it but this moment at 00:40 when Daniel Bryan, after winning the big one at Mania 30, walks over to Conner the Crusher to thank him and let him know how much his support means to him. This clip warms my heart more than almost anything else.

• Paid Members

Watch something come out about him now and ruin what little hope I have left for the industry, but Daniel Bryan is just a good egg in general, isn’t he? It’s no wonder he got so over and is so beloved despite the way he’s been written and presented for years. He’s just a top guy whose loveliness and likability forever shines through.

I thought the way he addressed the Black Lives Matter movement was great. Rather than just throwing out a hashtag or changing a profile picture it was obvious he’d given it a lot of thought and genuinely wanted to be a better, more educated person.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/06/daniel-bryan-says-he-wants-to-be-anti-racist-671600/ 

“I'm very bad about talking about race," Bryan admitted. "Right now there's a ton of people on social media, but at some point, this is probably going to die down, like the fervor for it as the news cycle goes in a circle. What I want for myself for myself and for the movement is to educate myself in a way that when social media starts focusing on something else, when there's a new outrage, that I'm still there for this fight and I understand the real core issues."

"What I realize too is that like, 'Oh, if I have a question I'll just ask Big E!', right?" Bryan said. "The last thing, I don't want to say the last thing, but your black friends are not your Google, right? They're not there to answer all your white person questions about race."

"I wanted to do a lot of education myself and to look up to the black men and women that have been fighting this fight for a long time," Bryan stated. "Big E actually retweeted a woman named Victoria Alexander. She put out a list of books. Like, here's an anti-racist book club.”

"So, not only do I want to be not racist, being not racist isn't good enough. Being anti-racist, right? And not just from an individual level, but from a structural societal level, I want to be anti-racist. I want to support things that bring the black community up because it's not right."

Essentially, what I’m saying is I doubt you’d ever see a video of Daniel Bryan being a horrible, creepy bastard asking for a wet lay. 

Edited by Supremo

On 6/25/2020 at 12:28 PM, The Reverend said:

So – what has been your happiest, and fondest, memory of wrestling?

Getting to meet my childhood hero, Bret Hart at a book signing over a decade ago, I was properly star struck and only managed about six words to Bret but he couldn't have been nicer.

• Paid Members

Some of my earliest memories are when I was about 3, sat watching the telly (yes, they had telly's then so fuck off) with my dad on a Saturday afternoon.  Wrestling was always the highlight.  We are not really close, mainly due to the fact he was a long distance truck driver and through no real fault of his own, just not around, but these tended to be happy times.

Four things really stand out for me on a personal level

1) attending my first ever WWE show in 2009, I may have been 24 at the time but for that 2-3 hours I was back to being a kid again, especially when one of my childhood favorites Ricky Steamboat did a run in at the end of a Jericho/Punk match

2) my first TV taping a year or two after, and one of my younger cousin's first show, that had a Daniel Bryan vs William Regal match taped for Superstars which saw Regal get ribbed by having his theme replaced with his old Real Man's Man theme

3) seeing my nephew's face light up at watching his first ever WWE live show 2 years ago 

4) The first For The Love Of Wrestling convention last year, seeing so many names I grew up watching or currently watch, seeing my friend turn into a nervous fangirl getting her picture taken with Lita, marking out for Pete Dunne's surprise wrestling appearance and Hacksaw Jim Duggan's entrance at the post convention show by Futureshock

Have I misunderstood the flow of this thread?

"Let's take a break from hating on arseholes and remember the good times!"

"PSA: This guy is actually one of the arseholes."

"Great idea mate, here are my favourite distractions from your behaviour."

"And mine!"

"Mine too."

Just now, The Reverend said:

I'm definitely not Joel Allen! (In fact I'm not even sure who that is!) Luckily I can prove who I am.....although it's very boring!! 

I completely missed the original post by Fire Convoy, but I can 100% clarify that the Reverend is most definitely not Joel Allen!

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The Reverend said:

I'm definitely not Joel Allen! (In fact I'm not even sure who that is!) Luckily I can prove who I am.....although it's very boring!! 

Yeah the timing would've been pretty bad to be fair thought it was a random statement from the other lad.