Champions’ interest killers

HarmonicGenerator

5 hours ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

Kane is the biggest one that jumps out at me. I loved the Big Red Machine up until around 2004. It wasn't the unmasking that did it- I actually really enjoyed the first few months of that and the Shane feud. It was the returning Undertaker that basically destroyed Kane for me. It gets kinda glossed over because it was all about Taker returning to his iconic gimmick, but in that feud and Mania match, Kane was made to look about as credible as Zack Ryder. Then they plugged him into a world title match with Benoit at Bad Blood 2004, which happened in the midcard while the REAL main event was the HHH vs. HBK Cell match.

Ever since then, every time Kane has been the world title challenger, I can't help but groan. His mere presence threw a quick bucket of cold water over the title reigns of Seth Rollins and Daniel Bryan. Nothing to do with his talent (even though he definitely was past it in those examples), but 2004 really killed Kane's credibility as a main eventer IMO.

I have a theory about that Bad Blood title match. Watch the battle Royal where he wins the shot on raw. I’m convinced Jericho is supposed to win and gets eliminated by accident.

• Paid Members

For me, unless they book a huge dream match/bring one of the big name veterans back, it doesn't really make a difference who is champion or who they feud with. WWE have told us for decades now that the name on the marquee is WWE, and your buying a ticket for a WWE show, rather than the names who appear on it. 

I can't think of a single full time contracted name they have who would make me think "shit, I HAVE to make sure I see that match"!

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

It doesn't really make a difference who is champion or who they feud with. WWE have told us for decades now that the name on the marquee is WWE, and your buying a ticket for a WWE show, rather than the names who appear on it. 

Post-Wars WWE in a single post. Two decades of production-over-product mentality.

Edited by seph