Sign in to follow this  
Chris B

Veggie / Vegan food

2 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

And if you can, grow them! It makes them greater. 

Agreed! I'm so used to shop-bought stuff pissing out water as soon as you show it a picture of fire. I mentioned my spinach earlier; we're so accustomed to wheelbarrowloads wilting away to nothing in the pan, but the first time I cooked up a batch of mine, it didn't go anywhere! Just a plateful of scrummy ironny green goodness.

I've never got on with Quorn - it always left me gassy - but Sainsburys shroomdogs are great. I've not had one in a year, but I remember Iceland's No-Bull burgers being spectacular.

Homegrown aubergines and tomatoes are just completely different to shop ones.  And tomatoes are piss easy to grow.

Our veg patch has been blighted by ants this year - they eat the seed out of the ground before it can germinate.  So no parsnips for me next winter. :(

Apologies, I believe this was asked in the old thread. 

20200629_135046.thumb.jpg.eeb5c84a1dc383f3aaf9d009cd387478.jpg

Picked up some of these to use in Fajitas but the instructions say they need to be heated in about 300ml of sauce. Are they gonna be awful if I roast them dry in the oven? Any tips? 

Cheers. 

3 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Apologies, I believe this was asked in the old thread. 

20200629_135046.thumb.jpg.eeb5c84a1dc383f3aaf9d009cd387478.jpg

Picked up some of these to use in Fajitas but the instructions say they need to be heated in about 300ml of sauce. Are they gonna be awful if I roast them dry in the oven? Any tips? 

Cheers. 

I normally just whack these in a wok with some oil and cook them through. I assume you'll be doing some seasoned veggies? If so, cook them until they start to go a bit soft (you can poke a knife through) and then add them to the veg and let cook.

Cheers. 

Yeah was gonna fry up some onion and peppers to go with so I guess I'll just throw everything in the pan and heat them that way. 

2 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Cheers. 

Yeah was gonna fry up some onion and peppers to go with so I guess I'll just throw everything in the pan and heat them that way. 

That's what I normally do with these for fajitas (with some seasoning) and it works really well, you'll be grand. 

Just had these and they were quite nice. Bit soy/pea-y and dry but then these sorts of things usually are but we'll worth the £1 I paid. Would eat again.

IMG-20200630-181126.jpg