Jump to content

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members

To the surprise of absolutely nobody Max (as in the version you fight at the end of the X Tower stage) was announced as the second character coming in the Mr X Nightmare DLC for Streets Of Rage 4. It still looks like Shiva (the version you fight at the end of the Chinatown stage) as the third one. I'm looking forward to it. I had a crack through as Streets 4 Adam the other weekend, and it feels a lot fairer than it used to. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The event was a massive success! The original target of £100 (we're all small streamers) was thrashed immediately, so we upped it to £200, then £300, then £500. The current amount is £1052.99

It turns out he's got no willy.

Posted Images

I've been playing God of War for the past few weeks after loving the first 2 on the PS2. The shift from Greek mythology to Norse is cool (albeit a little less original these days) and I had a blast playing through the story. Decided to go for the Platinum and there is only one enemy and trophy left standing in the way of my goal. Sigrun, the Queen of the Valkyries.

Oh my fucking life. Stayed up all night last night trying over and over again to beat this bitch and yet couldn't even get her below half of her health bar in all that time. Your reactions have to be pinpoint accurate - just a couple of mistakes and she kills you. I played the rest of the game on normal difficulty and I even ended up being a bit of a shitebag and changing the difficulty to easy for this fight and to no avail - she wrecks me every single time. Determined to get that Platinum but fuck knows how I'm going to take her down.

Anyone beat Sigrun? Any tips appreciated!

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Treated myself to an eshop voucher and picked myself up some interesting games in the sales. Cloudpunk is a delivery driver type thing, but there seems to be an interesting story there. The characters are fascinating, with Camus the dog/AI/car a particular delight. It's got an odd look, but it doesn't feel out of place. 

Cozy Grove takes more than a little influence from Animal Crossing, but also has an interesting mechanic where once you've done that day's tasks you're pretty much told to come back tomorrow as there's nothing else to do. There's a story, and the characters you meet have their stories as well, hence the reason it tries to pace itself out a little. It's a pleasant distraction with some amusing writing and a cute visual style. 

Tonight We Riot is an odd one. It was 99% off so I picked it up for 13p. You're trying to seize the means of production and play a lone proletariat at first using almost beat em up like mechanics to smash the oppressors, liberate fellow workers and increase your numbers. As more people get freed they help out and can assist you with seizing technology etc which allows access to weapons and more (vehicles, mechs, kaiju) as you try to cast off the chains of capitalism. A fun distraction. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

It's fun, but the career can be annoying when it sticks you in tag matches and your AI controlled partner is doing most of the work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

I've been playing God of War for the past few weeks after loving the first 2 on the PS2. The shift from Greek mythology to Norse is cool (albeit a little less original these days) and I had a blast playing through the story. Decided to go for the Platinum and there is only one enemy and trophy left standing in the way of my goal. Sigrun, the Queen of the Valkyries.

Oh my fucking life. Stayed up all night last night trying over and over again to beat this bitch and yet couldn't even get her below half of her health bar in all that time. Your reactions have to be pinpoint accurate - just a couple of mistakes and she kills you. I played the rest of the game on normal difficulty and I even ended up being a bit of a shitebag and changing the difficulty to easy for this fight and to no avail - she wrecks me every single time. Determined to get that Platinum but fuck knows how I'm going to take her down.

Anyone beat Sigrun? Any tips appreciated!

Try and get a build that focuses on cooldown as spamming your runic attacks for both weapons is key. Keep dodging to your right as from memory a lot of her attacks come from the left. 

I know it sounds obvious but spend time learning her attacks. For example when she clams up hit her with your shield and then cause damage.
 

Don’t forget to constantly use the kids arrows (pressing square I think) as that can make a big difference. 
 

Also, get the best resurrection stone. Pop your rage just before your about to die first time as that will build health. Then when you do die and get resurrected pop the rage ASAP again to build up more health

Good luck! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge thank you for this @waters44! used your advice and got a rage resurrection stone instead of a health one. I still got killed about 100 times before I went into the menus to see if there was anything else I could upgrade. Went to check the difficulty, and discovered that it never actually saved when I changed it last night. I faced her again and only one more time dying later... 

I fucking did it! The Platinum is now mine. Probably not the most sporting way of getting it, but who cares, it had stopped being fun by this point and I just wanted to finally kill her! While you can learn her attacks and how to deal with each one, they come at you so relentlessly and at random that I found it so hard to react in time and do the correct counter. Brutal boss, up there with Sephiroth in the first Kingdom Hearts in the most difficult enemy I've faced in a game but man, it feels so good when you finally rip off her wings after 2 straight days of pain.

Cracking game! I have a big stack of games that I've been accumulating for a few months so it will be on to something new tomorrow!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
15 hours ago, The British Bushwacker said:

Fire pro has fallen into the sale on PSN £13.49, just downloading to give it a bash

I got rid of my copy a year or so ago when they added all the DLC because it made every  CAW unusable because they suddenly had DLC parts. Still fine if you want to play the base game but don’t expect to expand your roster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

After spending GAME points on a PSN voucher I picked up Little Nightmares, Resi Code Veronica, Payday 2 and Nier Automata for the combined price of £21 last week. That'll sort me for a few days until Resi 8 arrives on Friday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a little PSN shopping too, picked up The Missing and Life is Strange 2.

Finished the former in about 6 hours but it tells a great if upsetting story, I don't want to give too much away but it handles queer representation much, much better than most.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, seph said:

After spending GAME points on a PSN voucher I picked up Little Nightmares, Resi Code Veronica, Payday 2 and Nier Automata for the combined price of £21 last week. That'll sort me for a few days until Resi 8 arrives on Friday.

Nier Automata is worth £21 on it's own. Keep in mind that multiple playthroughs are essential to get the full story. 

On that note I'm currently playing Nier Replicant (Xbox One X) and it's an improvement over the original version. 

Though not as smooth as Automata the combat is much better now, though some problems still exist such as the bland side quests for example. 

Can't comment on the new content yet.

Still amazed that Square Enix took a chance on Nier Automata after multiple disappointments from Yoko Taro's previous games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Nier Automata is worth £21 on it's own. Keep in mind that multiple playthroughs are essential to get the full story.

With different dialogue choices, missions, or both?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...