Jump to content

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The event was a massive success! The original target of £100 (we're all small streamers) was thrashed immediately, so we upped it to £200, then £300, then £500. The current amount is £1052.99

It’s such a waste of money (unless you have it) to jump in at launch. The games have been developed with current gen in mind so they don’t really perform any different, the games that are actually ava

I'm playing Death To The Megathread 2020 on the Xbox. I'm stuck on level 4 because it wont let you just cut and paste something and then not post your own personal opinion on anything. 

Posted Images

  • Paid Members

For the uninitiated which one are you?

I don't really do or understand the whole twitch thing but if it's supporting a good sort like you and the aforementioned in supporting a good cause I might see if I can give it a try. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

For the uninitiated which one are you?

I don't really do or understand the whole twitch thing but if it's supporting a good sort like you and the aforementioned in supporting a good cause I might see if I can give it a try. 

I’m LinkLinebeck (yes a Zelda reference, I know). I’m speedrunning Spyro 1 tomorrow morning to close the event!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

The event was a massive success! The original target of £100 (we're all small streamers) was thrashed immediately, so we upped it to £200, then £300, then £500. The current amount is £1052.99 :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Fall Guys can be fun, but can also be a massive pain in the arse depending on who else is in your game. I've managed to make it to one of the finals, but can't see myself winning one anytime soon. Can't moan for free. I bet it'd be class if you managed to get a big enough crew of mates together for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

My game of choice (Final Fantasy XIV) is currently down for 24hrs while a massive patch is implemented and I’m all of the hype. The patch is rammed full of new content and I haven’t been this excited for patch before.

has anyone else ever been stupidly excited for just a patch before for any game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Kookoocachu said:

My game of choice (Final Fantasy XIV) is currently down for 24hrs while a massive patch is implemented and I’m all of the hype. The patch is rammed full of new content and I haven’t been this excited for patch before.

has anyone else ever been stupidly excited for just a patch before for any game?

Patch or Expansion Pack? I remember waking up at 7am during study leave to play Eye of the North (the GW1 Expansion). I got in trouble with my mum and it was shit in the end but it was fun for that one day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
10 minutes ago, Kookoocachu said:

My game of choice (Final Fantasy XIV) is currently down for 24hrs while a massive patch is implemented and I’m all of the hype. The patch is rammed full of new content and I haven’t been this excited for patch before.

has anyone else ever been stupidly excited for just a patch before for any game?

Not a patch as such, but when the Halloween skins come in for Overwatch every year, I'm a right giddy bastard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Fall Guys can be fun, but can also be a massive pain in the arse depending on who else is in your game. I've managed to make it to one of the finals, but can't see myself winning one anytime soon. Can't moan for free. I bet it'd be class if you managed to get a big enough crew of mates together for it. 

I had a massive binge of it this past weekend and still only won twice. As with any game like this, there are some crackers and some real duff rounds. The memory game, tail games and team-mate games all need to get binned and replaced with more daft obstable courses.

The rising slime round seperates the men from the boys but I don't think theres a more hilariously frustrating moment in gaming than doing well on the hexagon round before falling and dropping about 5 levels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Patch or Expansion Pack? I remember waking up at 7am during study leave to play Eye of the North (the GW1 Expansion). I got in trouble with my mum and it was shit in the end but it was fun for that one day!

Patch, but I’d be interested to hear expansion hype too!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

I was super excited for the sea of thieves patch a couple months ago that introduced checkpoints for the tall tale story missions. As someone who is pretty short on free time the ability to be able to play through those without having to commit several hours in a single play session was the only way is ever get to play them through.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kookoocachu said:

My game of choice (Final Fantasy XIV) is currently down for 24hrs while a massive patch is implemented and I’m all of the hype. The patch is rammed full of new content and I haven’t been this excited for patch before.

has anyone else ever been stupidly excited for just a patch before for any game?

Ooh, I’ve just started playing FFXIV, it’s encouraging to see someone speak so enthusiastically about it. I’ve heard great things about the story, so I’m excited. I really miss the days of being gripped by a Final Fantasy storyline.

It’s the first time I’ve ever played a MMORPG, but it’s so far, so good. It’s more of a solo experience than I’d expected, which I’m fine with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
40 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Ooh, I’ve just started playing FFXIV, it’s encouraging to see someone speak so enthusiastically about it. I’ve heard great things about the story, so I’m excited. I really miss the days of being gripped by a Final Fantasy storyline.

It’s the first time I’ve ever played a MMORPG, but it’s so far, so good. It’s more of a solo experience than I’d expected, which I’m fine with.

I play it every day, often all day haha

What’s your class? I used to be a Black Mage main but now I’m an Astrologian. A Realm Reborn can seem a little long winded at times but stick with it because it just gets better and better.

I’m a little bit obsessed with it, it seems to have rubbed off onto my son too as he now plays it (Monk main) and is loving it too! 

I love it so much when I have cash to burn I’ll be getting a XIV tattoo which is incredibly sad I know haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kookoocachu said:

I play it every day, often all day haha

What’s your class? I used to be a Black Mage main but now I’m an Astrologian. A Realm Reborn can seem a little long winded at times but stick with it because it just gets better and better.

I’m a little bit obsessed with it, it seems to have rubbed off onto my son too as he now plays it (Monk main) and is loving it too! 

I love it so much when I have cash to burn I’ll be getting a XIV tattoo which is incredibly sad I know haha

I’m a warrior, so wasn’t sure if it would be less fun to play if I were to go a spell-casting type, but after watching others play I’m wondering if I made a bad choice. 

I’m just at the Royal Reception quest and so far I don’t really feel like the story has revealed itself, but given the acclaim this game has I’m happy to stick with it. Plus, I actually really enjoy the side quests. Although I feel kind of bad about killing the monsters in game. Most of them just seem to be mulling about minding their own business up until I turn up to slaughter them 🙁

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...