Jump to content

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The event was a massive success! The original target of £100 (we're all small streamers) was thrashed immediately, so we upped it to £200, then £300, then £500. The current amount is £1052.99

It turns out he's got no willy.

Posted Images

  • Paid Members

Can some one explain animal crossing to me. It’s sales and reviews are though the roof. I watched numerous reviews but still don’t really understand what the game is.

it seems to be a farming/building sim? So I guess there is no actual mission based game? You just ponder round collect stuff to build? Then place it? 
 

I like to give it a go but I’m totally confused by it having never played a AC game before 

Edited by quote the raven
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

It's a chore based game. As in, you spend your time doing chores. 

 

It's collecting, digging, hitting, speaking and grinding. It has a cutesy aesthetic. 

 

I played it solidly for about a month and a half when it came out - log on, do the chores, log off. It was nice for a bit.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Can some one explain animal crossing to me. It’s sales and reviews are though the roof. I watched numerous reviews but still don’t really understand what the game is.

it seems to be a farming/building sim? So I guess there is no actual mission based game? You just ponder round collect stuff to build? Then place it? 
 

I like to give it a go but I’m totally confused by it having never played a AC game before 

@Nexus has nailed it, it's worth mentioning there is no 'goal' either, it's a limited sandbox. You are usually earning currency to pay back a loan but there's no pressure to do this. You collect things, you renovate your house, grow flowers, go fishing... there's events every few weeks too where special decorations appear or one-time guests visit the island. The 'game' is escapism and goals are what you make them.

The game has been out 11 months tomorrow and my daughter has played it every single day since. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2021 at 7:54 PM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

There's a new Intellivision "console" coming out later this year. It appears to be a defibrillator that you can play mobile-quality games on. It must be some sort of shady tax write-off, surely.

 

They've delayed it again so God knows if it even gets released. It was supposed to be out last year, then April and now Autumn. It is way overpriced at £250. I imagine people who had an intellivision will pay up to play remade intellivision games then within the year it will be under £99.

The only interesting thing about it is that it is getting Earthworm Jim 4.

Link to post
Share on other sites

PS5 first thoughts:

It's fucking massive.

It's really fucking fast.

I had to force myself to stop playing Astro's Playroom. What a wonderful experience.

Having not had a PS4, the Miles Morales game has blown me away and I've already purchased the upgraded Spider-Man to play next.

I'm still shit at FIFA but they've done a great job visually with the upgrades so far (again, I skipped for a few years) and I'm looking forward to seeing how they really develop it with more time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
6 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

PS5 first thoughts:

It's fucking massive.

It's really fucking fast.

I had to force myself to stop playing Astro's Playroom. What a wonderful experience.

Having not had a PS4, the Miles Morales game has blown me away and I've already purchased the upgraded Spider-Man to play next.

I'm still shit at FIFA but they've done a great job visually with the upgrades so far (again, I skipped for a few years) and I'm looking forward to seeing how they really develop it with more time.

Astro's Playroom is such a delightful nostalgia romp. So good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
8 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

PS5 first thoughts:

It's fucking massive.

It's really fucking fast.

I had to force myself to stop playing Astro's Playroom. What a wonderful experience.

Having not had a PS4, the Miles Morales game has blown me away and I've already purchased the upgraded Spider-Man to play next.

I'm still shit at FIFA but they've done a great job visually with the upgrades so far (again, I skipped for a few years) and I'm looking forward to seeing how they really develop it with more time.

I thought you already got the Spider-Man remaster with Miles Morales on PS5? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
37 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah the bundle I got on Game just had the normal Miles. Didn't mind paying £20 for the other Spidey once it popped up to be honest.

Ah, ok. I just assumed it was some thing where once you installed Miles Morales on your PS5 it just went "would you like to install the original as well?" Terribly naive. Reminds me I need to try and get some more in this weekend though, so I can get cracking on Miles Morales myself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
44 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Reminds me I need to try and get some more in this weekend though, so I can get cracking on Miles Morales myself. 

Exactly the same here. I’m about 54% done on the main story and have been collecting everything as I go, having played for 20 hours. Such a good game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...