WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

On 12/30/2020 at 7:42 PM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

There's a huge roster, but there are only 3 or 4 movesets between them, so really it's like you get a few different characters and the other 60-odd are all just re-skins. Which makes the whole thing get very repetitive very quickly. I got it for free and still felt let down by it.

Thanks, based on this I think I will give it a miss. Sounds similar to the TNA game which I actually think this game uses its engine.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The event was a massive success! The original target of £100 (we're all small streamers) was thrashed immediately, so we upped it to £200, then £300, then £500. The current amount is £1052.99

It turns out he's got no willy.

Posted Images

• Paid Members

WWE Battleground made it onto Jim Sterling's Worst Game Of The Year list, and he's someone who's opinion ranks pretty highly, so you've made a fine choice there.

I'm currently playing through Hollow Knight and I'm absolutely loving it. The game is surprisingly big; every time I think I'm coming to the end I find a new, unexplored area of the map. It's incredibly addictive. And the Grubs are the most adorable NPCs in gaming history.

Gave Watchdogs Legion a whirl and got my money back before hitting the two hour mark on it. 

The concept is intriguing, but it's the usual Ubisoft shite. It just feels like...content. Content with an Orwellian skin on it. Nab 50 of these, nail 100 of those, help 200 of them. Just completely soulless. 

• Paid Members

Had a quick look at Bleed 2 which is a game with gold at the moment. It's fun, but I lack the reflexes and coordination to be good at it. It's a run & gun, but with the shooting done with the right analogue stick. It's got that pseudo 8-bit graphical style and soundtrack as well.

I see Footie Manager 21 is on the Xbox. Looks like you can have 5 leagues if you’re on the xb1 so it might be the closest we will ever get to LMA these days. Really tempted by it. 

• Paid Members

Is it on Game Pass? 

Fuck me, why didn't I get Game Pass sooner. They're doing an offer where you pay £1 for 3 months, plus they add any months you have left from your Gold membership. So I've essentially paid £1 for 9 months of it. 

It’s not in Game Pass. There is an add on you can buy where you can play live across different platforms, that could be good for a UKFF league that I’ll sign up to and forget all about after two weeks. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Is it on Game Pass? 

Fuck me, why didn't I get Game Pass sooner. They're doing an offer where you pay £1 for 3 months, plus they add any months you have left from your Gold membership. So I've essentially paid £1 for 9 months of it. 

I randomly got it last night as the deal looked pretty good and I may end up trying a new cheaper Xbox eventually. I've been messing around with the cloud play trying it on a Chromecast with a PS5 controller (doesn't work that well) and mobile which works quite well with Streets of Rage 4.

So far on PC tried the Disneyland game for 15 minutes with a my 2.5 year old and downloading Fallout 76 now to see how bad it is.

Any other recommendations for PC and mobile?

17 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Is it on Game Pass? 

I'm signed up till the end of 2022. Best way to take advantage of this is to buy some 1 year Gold subs before you do it. You can stack upto 3 years then do the £1 convert.

Generally it converts your gold to Gamepass for the length of the gold but with you having three months of gold it’ll probably stack you an extra few months, nobody knows how this shit really works it’s a mystery.

I’d stack the gold (1-3 years) then convert to GP for a quid. The pound for three months doesn’t seem to be going anywhere and you’ve got a few months to put a few quid aside for your gold.

If your particularly crafty and daring you can fuck around with VPN blockers and get the dirt cheap South American gold offers that pop up. You’d end up getting three years for about £70 if your lucky but you have to know how to do it.

• Paid Members

Speaking of Game Pass, Deep Rock Galactic on there is arguably one of the best games I've played on the Xbox One ever. A real fun, exciting and intense class-based team mining/fps game where you venture into randomly generated caves and have to complete certain missions. The one where you have to build entire pipelines to a refinery and then defend it, and the one where you have to invade alien nests to steal eggs stand out, but they're all a blast. 

3 of us have started playing it and we're hooked. It requires everyone to know their roles and work as a team to get through. It's essentially Minecraft x Left 4 Dead x Team Fortress 2.

• Paid Members

I've been playing Hades. It's really good fun, can't seem to beat the final boss but every time I get there I get a little bit closer each time. Very addictive. 

Is Hades all done in a single run? As in you keep building until you do the whole game in one run and you just manage your life with perks and an ever expanding health bar or are there check points? I had a little go and it seems well addictive with really good writing but I’ve not had much experience with rogue-likes. It seems like it is tailor made to my Switch play style. 

Has anyone bothered with Immortals Phoenix Rising on Switch? I’ve no interest in sitting and playing it for 30 plus hours on the big telly but if it runs well enough on Switch I might give it a whirl.