WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

I played that Hotshot Racing at an EGX years back while it was under another name, seemed to have great potential but the physics were wonky. Looks like they've polished it a hell of a lot since then so might pic it up, didn't realise it was out.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The event was a massive success! The original target of £100 (we're all small streamers) was thrashed immediately, so we upped it to £200, then £300, then £500. The current amount is £1052.99

It’s such a waste of money (unless you have it) to jump in at launch. The games have been developed with current gen in mind so they don’t really perform any different, the games that are actually ava

I'm playing Death To The Megathread 2020 on the Xbox. I'm stuck on level 4 because it wont let you just cut and paste something and then not post your own personal opinion on anything. 

Posted Images

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

It's a bit of a weird one isn't it? It looks like Virtua Racing, controls somewhere between Ridge Racer and Outrun but the track design feels muddled somehow, like it's a bit too open and feels a bit Kart racerish. I like it a fair bit, but I wanted to love it.

Two of my most treasured memories of gaming are spending £70 quid on the Mega Drive version of V.R. and getting Ridge Racer with my launch day PS1. Actually I want nothing more than a remaster of the PS1 Ridge Racers.

It feels like it should be driven in a different way than it is, but whenever I try to drive it like Virtua Racing I end up understeer ING massively and just arrowing straight into the barriers.

The Switch version of Virtua Racing is spectacular. I got MegaDrive Virtua Racing for Christmas one year and it's such a well done port. That is still manages to convey the speed while running at 15FPS is a heck of a feat.

32X Virtua Racing Deluxe was pretty amazing as well, but the Saturn version feels off. 

• Paid Members

I had some money in my Nintendo wallet so used it against Hotshot Racing on Switch. It’s a fun pickup-and-play title, but doesn’t feel it will hold my interest for as long as Ridge Racer. The rubber banding is terrible though.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Races too often feel like stay in touch with the front two and use your boost at the finish, and there's a LOT of contact from the other drivers. 

100% spot on. It also feels as though drifting is designed to be a big thing, although you don’t need to drift all that much. Many of the tracks you can steer round most corners and don’t need to even brake.

Edited by scratchdj
  • Paid Members

It's not even really a brake, it feels more like an "initiate drift" button. I was expecting it to be more a racing game than what it is. I can't even play it using the bonnet cam I usually use for driving games, I've got to use the follow cam. It's a shame because it looks nice and has a lot of features. 

So I’ve played Among Us last night, I watched Maximilian Dood stream it the other night and just assumed it was a PC game but found out it’s on IPhone and ended up being invested for hours, basically a who done it game where you’re on a ship with 10 random people Online and one is an imposter who goes around killing other members, once a body is found you can call a meeting and discuss who to vote off the ship.  Highly recommend this.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

PS5 releasing on Nov 19th at £450 disc edition and £350 digital edition. Pre orders available tomorrow from selected retailers, not sure if that’s global or just the U.S. That’s a really competitive price and I’ll be putting in an order for the digital edition. 

Game wise the biggest reveal was God of War Ragnarok slated for 2021 but fuck knows how they can put a date on any game productions at this point. There’s a new Oddworld game and Spider-Man Miles Morales will be available at launch. 

Oh and a selection of all those fucking games we’ve accumulated from PS Plus over the past 7 years will be available to pick and choose from for all existing and new subscribers as part of the new PS Plus.

Sony seriously fucked up with Demon's Souls, saying it was coming to PC and other consoles then quickly saying that was a mistake.

It's one of the most beautiful looking games I've seen tho, Bluepoint have become so good at this.

• Paid Members

I've pre-ordered 3D all-stars, but having never played sunshine what's the consensus?

I know galaxy will be a bitch to play on the lite, so I might have to plunge and get a proper one too.

• Paid Members

Nintendo announced that they're discontinuing the 3DS family of handheld today, which is a shame as they're a great little piece of kit. I guess it means they can concentrate on the Switch completely now. 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I've pre-ordered 3D all-stars, but having never played sunshine what's the consensus?

I know galaxy will be a bitch to play on the lite, so I might have to plunge and get a proper one too.

Sunshine has some fun in it but it's actually really difficult for a Mario game and feels weirdly unfinished and broken in places. The whole water shooting backpack aspect of it never really works quite right.