WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

6 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

So who has the hands-on opinions for THPS?

I don't know, what the fuck is is? Can we put a moratorium on abbreviations if you haven't said what it stands for in the first sentence, to help out thickos like me? This isn't the Transformers thread. 

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The event was a massive success! The original target of £100 (we're all small streamers) was thrashed immediately, so we upped it to £200, then £300, then £500. The current amount is £1052.99

It’s such a waste of money (unless you have it) to jump in at launch. The games have been developed with current gen in mind so they don’t really perform any different, the games that are actually ava

I'm playing Death To The Megathread 2020 on the Xbox. I'm stuck on level 4 because it wont let you just cut and paste something and then not post your own personal opinion on anything. 

Posted Images

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I don't know, what the fuck is is? Can we put a moratorium on abbreviations if you haven't said what it stands for in the first sentence, to help out thickos like me? This isn't the Transformers thread. 

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 

13 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Teenage Hutant Pinja Surtles. Come on Grandad!

10 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

So who has the hands-on opinions for THPS? I'm still feeling weary about the franchise, stemming from the THPS5 debacle so i don't want to throw my cash down just yet, but I trust most (okay, some) of the voices on this board. I'm really wanting it to be great but I also realise that it's modern gaming and has every chance to be sabotaged and shite.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 is fantastic. 

I'd recommend treating yourself to THPS. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, gmoney said:

I mean, THPS is a very common online abbreviation for Tony Hawk games, but if this were real life I'd definitely be referring to it as "Skatey skate ska-punk".

7 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 is fantastic. 

I'd recommend treating yourself to THPS. 

Cheers! Saturday night is sorted then. Phat air.

• Paid Members

I assume directional input for Tony Hawks is now on the stick rather than the d-pad? Does that feel natural? I feel like it’s going to take some getting used to if that’s the case.

10 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I assume directional input for Tony Hawks is now on the stick rather than the d-pad? Does that feel natural? I feel like it’s going to take some getting used to if that’s the case.

There's the option to play with the original controls using the d-pad too

It definitely takes some getting used to.

I'd use the d-pad if I was on PlayStation but I'm using an Xbox controller with my PC so its nubby little stick - which I find too small anyway - is still better than its negligible d-pad. 

I'm pretty much used to it now, but I did find that I was only busting tricks in the four main directions quite a lot. 

My only minor gripe is that they included the revert - which wasn't introduced until 3 - but didn't really tool up the classic maps enough to make vert skating that useful. 

But virtually everything else about it feels fantastic. I'm doing what I done in the old days, just booting up a map to free skate and then realising I've been hypnotically doing lines around it for the better part of an hour. I feel like getting a bit of green to round out the nostalgia.