Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

https://twitter.com/BTSportBoxing/status/1281116265508200450

šŸ˜˜

Also some great domestic clashes on the bills.

Ekow Essuman returns on the Joyce card, so too do Denzel Bentley, Louie Lynn and Chris Bourke will fight Ramez Mamood in what will be a bannnnger.

On the Archie/Ofori card, you also have Troy Williamson vs Michael McGurk and returnĀ of Dennis McCann.

Final show is great - Daniel against Pfeifer (2 time Olympian, 2 time World ChampsĀ medalist), Sunny Edwards vs Essomba, Sam Maxwell vs Joe Huges, Willy Hutchinson vs Luke Blackledge.

BOXING BABYYY!

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I'm looking forward to seeing boxing back on, only caught a bit off someĀ  of teĀ Top Rank shows over past couple of weeks, it's very different as expected,Ā as d-d-d-dAz saysĀ be interesting to see how BT present it.

Do yo

46 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Annoyingly, Iā€™m not going to be there tomorrow so Iā€™ll be working from home. Quite looking forward to seeing how BT present it.

Normally do journalism stuff?

The pandemic is forcing them to put decent fights on. With the board only allowing 5 fight cards, they're sticking on competitive match ups.Ā 

Buncey tweeted that its the most boxing shows we have ever had over the month of July and August.Ā 

• Paid Members

wee request, can we do any post fight chat over in the new Boxing Fight Night thread i created? keeps spoilers out of this one and allows people to still post random news etc. be handy when the fights start coming thick and fast.

Ā 

Edited by Egg Shen

16 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Head of Comms for Frank since last year after doing a few years with DAZN/Bellator.

Ah wicked.Talk about dream jobs. I'm in comms for an energy company, doesn't bring the same level of satisfaction that yours will.Ā Ā A friend of mine was working in a similar role for frank before. I used to be signed to Jason Mcclory who's his matchmaer.Ā 

The Katie Taylor fights a wicked one, happy to part with Ā£15 for the show given how long its been for boxing t return.Ā 

Is Fitz going down to do with domestic abuse?

• Paid Members
On 7/9/2020 at 7:45 AM, d-d-d-dAz said:

Ā 

Ā 

Final show is great - Daniel against Pfeifer (2 time Olympian, 2 time World ChampsĀ medalist), Sunny Edwards vs Essomba, Sam Maxwell vs Joe Huges, Willy Hutchinson vs Luke Blackledge.

BOXING BABYYY!

Love the look of this one. Seems a tricky out for Dubois before the Joyce fight too.