Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Night before Warrens big show at the Albert Hall. I'll take that at this point, nice to see Saunders actually back in the ring and that'll generate more interest than him fighting some random European bloke.Ā 

• Paid Members

how does people seeing Usyk/Chisora going then? my initial thought is Usyk will frustrate him out of the gate, Delboy goes into his shell and Usyk cruises to a decision but Delboy seems super motivated from what im seeing on social media and he has to be aggressive to stand any chance here, interesting fight.

• Paid Members

Crawford vs Brook is going to be on Premier Sport...

Is this a subscription channel, I canā€™t remember? I ask because I know I donā€™t pay for it but I just looked itā€™s on for me. Unless itā€™s one of those channels where some things are free to air and others are encrypted. Iā€™ll be surprised if Crawford vs Brook airs completelyĀ free.Ā 

4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

how does people seeing Usyk/Chisora going then? my initial thought is Usyk will frustrate him out of the gate, Delboy goes into his shell and Usyk cruises to a decision but Delboy seems super motivated from what im seeing on social media and he has to be aggressive to stand any chance here, interesting fight.

I think Chisora is at his best with come forward fighters, like the first Fury fight, Takam and the two Whyte fights. He will struggle with Usyks head and feet movement. Plus Chisora raises his game with the ā€œDerek Chisoraā€ chants at the 02. He wont have that this time. I see it pretty much going quite similar to the Uysk V Bellew match. I would like Derek to win, but it is a big ask.

On the Saunders fight, like most i want him to get smashed, but i would bet the house on Saunders winning on points. This may sound harsh but i actually think Saunders is overated, he has looked good only twice in the last 5 years, Andy Lee and Lemuiex. Heā€™s been done for PEDā€™s since then and has looked shite since, he has no discipline. Iā€™m not convinced it will go ahead, and if it does i bet he comes in overweight and has some lame excuse for it. Would love Murray to batterĀ the horrible cunt.Ā 

• Paid Members

yeh great point Lawrence, Delboy is definitely someone who thrives in front of a rabid audience. When he boxed in front of a small, quiet Monte Carlo crowd a few years back he put on his worst performance in years.

Ā