Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Im surprised anyone actually thought anything would come of all this. We should all know better by now. There’s always a bit of lip service initially in wrestling before everything is brushed under the carpet.

It seems the only people worse off are a couple of real top end scum like joey Ryan, a few disposable nobodies and, unfortunately and somewhat unfathomably, several of the women that now have huge legal bills that, without things like go fund me’s, are going to be financially crippled for years.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gents, there’s a whole lot I’d like to say but I’m advised not to. This is in hand and I stand by my allegations.

It was pretty clear to everyone else, to be fair.

Posted Images

20 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Progress are on the WWE Network tonight. There's been no significant guidelines put in place, no investigations, they arent telling anyone whether or not the accused are agenting the shows backstage or not. Wrestling is shit, nothing has changed and fuck off.

Massively ironic from someone who once suggested, on here, that he’d rape my daughters! 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It’s on the WWE network. Which promotion on there hasn’t had Allegations made against them during this moment and done nothing. Even WWE have done nothing against Theory, Riddle or Dream so not sure what you expect really

Well, they changed Riddle's name to try and trick Google's algorithms.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Im surprised anyone actually thought anything would come of all this. We should all know better by now. There’s always a bit of lip service initially in wrestling before everything is brushed under the carpet.

What will come out of it is that individual promotions will do better than others, and rather than investing their time in supporting those doing better, inexplicably people will spend all of their time hoping that the promotions who have already cocked things up will one day magically improve and do things differently.

Edited by BomberPat
2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Fucking hell, man. Genuinely sorry to read that. I hope one day you'll feel confident and safe enough to tell somebody about it.

It was 13 years ago and he has left the job since. I had proof I was being harassed and got told not to rock the boat or my career may be compromised. It's one of those things but it's fairly common. It's one of those things. Thanks! 

• Paid Members

I said this a while back, but I still stand by it. After Savile, the general mood in this country seems to have changed with regard to abuse of several kinds. The bar was set so high then, in terms of celebrity and severity, and was in the news for so long, I honestly feel that the average person now generally doesn’t have much of a subconscious reaction to anything that came after it. Even Rolf got quite an “easy” ride at the time, because most felt they’d already seen it all and he was just another name on a ever-growing yet ever-forgettable list of people and their wrongdoings.

It’s horrendously sad that at a time when more people are aware of what is generally considered right and wrong, and when too much wrong goes on, much abuse will likely fall well under the radar as it seemingly pales into insignificance based on what most have already accepted. There’s simply only so much the average person will care.

And what an awful situation to be in, as a country, as a species, as a planet. I can’t even begin to imagine how painful it must be to be a victim and then finding out that few actually care. But that’s why it’s important to keep this in the public domain, to not allow it to be normalised.

But yes, people will still go to wrestling as they did before, in my opinion.

Edited by scratchdj
  • Paid Members

It's almost as if the people in charge who have power to do something about it are scared some skeletons will come crashing out of their own closets if they do decide to do something about it, so they nervously laugh and try to deflect.