Jump to content

Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut


Recommended Posts

I'm eagerly awaiting the APPG report. I supplied my full account to them, plus comprehensive evidence that I held back to defend myself in the eventuality of a trial that was being threatened (including multiple pieces of video footage demonstrating the same behaviour plus a written account of exactly the same thing happening to another minor) plus details and evidence of the intimidation that followed. I and others who have submitted their account on the same people will hopefully counter any attempted whitewashing that the accused have attempted through their interview with the APPG and recent unrelated publicity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gents, there’s a whole lot I’d like to say but I’m advised not to. This is in hand and I stand by my allegations.

It was pretty clear to everyone else, to be fair.

.

Posted Images

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Ethan Page had a similar story of child abuse from a valet in the business. He said WCW valet Gorgeous George came up to him and pushed his face between her legs and said "I like em young" when he went to an indy show was a young lad. Do these idiots think skipping to the next town and forgetting about this shit, means it never happened and the person will simply forget it?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Ethan Page had a similar story of child abuse from a valet in the business. He said WCW valet Gorgeous George came up to him and pushed his face between her legs and said "I like em young" when he went to an indy show was a young lad. Do these idiots think skipping to the next town and forgetting about this shit, means it never happened and the person will simply forget it?

My experience wasn’t that extreme, but yeah, I agree entirely. Just because it’s part of an act doesn’t mean it’s acceptable. Were a man to do that it would be open and shut.

Here’s an extract of a review which referred to a situation where the person I accused repeated the same thing to another minor around the same time it happened to me:

”****** soon fought back. Powerbomb, DDT, Tombstone. But nothing seemed to put Angel away. It was only after a Superplex and a big splash did ****** finally get the win. But this wasn't the end of it. After attacking Angel, ****** returned to the dressing room, but not before realising the dreams of one lucky little bugger by getting him in a lip-lock. Hey, no fair! This kid is less than half my age, and he's seeing more action than me! Next WAW show I attend, I'm sitting where he is!”

The chap that authored this was 30 at the time and the reference was to someone ‘less than half his age’.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Ethan Page had a similar story of child abuse from a valet in the business. He said WCW valet Gorgeous George came up to him and pushed his face between her legs and said "I like em young" when he went to an indy show was a young lad. Do these idiots think skipping to the next town and forgetting about this shit, means it never happened and the person will simply forget it?

There's a horrible attitude that abuse towards men from women doesn't count, especially when that woman is beautiful and/or a star. Like they should be grateful.

On the Something To Wrestle tributes to Pat Patterson, they told a story about Ray Steven's girlfriend punching Pat Patterson in the face and forcing him to have sex with her, because Stevens had passed out and Patterson was the only other guy around.

They tried to make it sound hilarious, full on "That lucky fucker!" even though it's fucking textbook rape.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

There does seem to be this whole thing where if it's a woman forcing herself on a man it's some kind of fantasy, but there's also some kind of massive confusion as "I love when a woman knows what she wants and isn't afraid to take it" seems to all go out of the window when what she wants is to not have sex with somebody. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Progress are on the WWE Network tonight. There's been no significant guidelines put in place, no investigations, they arent telling anyone whether or not the accused are agenting the shows backstage or not. Wrestling is shit, nothing has changed and fuck off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I truly feel we won't see whether Speaking Out had had an impact until fans can return. Either it will have a huge impact on attendance or we'll find out that the vocal social media fanbase isn't big enough to make a difference.  The family-based shows will continue even with people involved who shouldn't be because the target audience is very unlikely to use Twitter to follow wrestling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

As mungoChutney says it just doesn’t feel like it got far enough reach, and that companies are happy to give up that fraction of their audience to provide a product for those that remain. Which totally underestimates that it was the hardcore of fans that brought friends and shared online etc to introduce a lotta new people to attend. Pre this This the big 2 of icw and progress had both seen attendances decline, that will only get worse 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly feel like the world has had so much other shit going on that this has mostly been forgotten about.

It'll take a lot of pressure and digging it all up again in a few months to really put it back in the spotlight and for it to be taken seriously again.

I'm sure there are those out there that will take responsibility for doing so. It's just a tough time right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I honestly feel like the world has had so much other shit going on that this has mostly been forgotten about.

It'll take a lot of pressure and digging it all up again in a few months to really put it back in the spotlight and for it to be taken seriously again.

I'm sure there are those out there that will take responsibility for doing so. It's just a tough time right now.

I don't think there is a will to change it sadly. Some businesses think its blown out of proportion. Others don't want the hassle. Some don't want the media spotlight so shut the convo down. It seems rife in every area of work. I work in health and got groped by a colleague and they told me not to make a fuss. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

I don't think there is a will to change it sadly. Some businesses think its blown out of proportion. Others don't want the hassle. Some don't want the media spotlight so shut the convo down. It seems rife in every area of work. I work in health and got groped by a colleague and they told me not to make a fuss. 

Fucking hell, man. Genuinely sorry to read that. I hope one day you'll feel confident and safe enough to tell somebody about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
20 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Progress are on the WWE Network tonight. There's been no significant guidelines put in place, no investigations, they arent telling anyone whether or not the accused are agenting the shows backstage or not. Wrestling is shit, nothing has changed and fuck off.

It’s on the WWE network. Which promotion on there hasn’t had Allegations made against them during this moment and done nothing. Even WWE have done nothing against Theory, Riddle or Dream so not sure what you expect really

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...