Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gents, there’s a whole lot I’d like to say but I’m advised not to. This is in hand and I stand by my allegations.

It was pretty clear to everyone else, to be fair.

Posted Images

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Hoptimus said:

Austin Aries has gone full anti vaxxer Alex Jones conspiracy theories crazy on his Twitter. No specific post to share in the thread. He's just gone full fruit loop.

He was selling tin foil hats weeks ago. I think he dove into that pool a fair while ago. 

19 hours ago, Hoptimus said:

Austin Aries has gone full anti vaxxer Alex Jones conspiracy theories crazy on his Twitter. No specific post to share in the thread. He's just gone full fruit loop.

That guy is nuttier than squirrel turd

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

The report has made it onto The Guardian website, though the focus is more on the classification of wrestling than Speaking Out in itself.

Yeah, that's what's made headlines across most outlets, which isn't particularly helpful. Though the scope of the report is much bigger than Speaking Out, and I think the "classed as a sport for training but not for shows" recommendation is solid.

• Awards Moderator
9 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Yeah, that's what's made headlines across most outlets, which isn't particularly helpful. Though the scope of the report is much bigger than Speaking Out, and I think the "classed as a sport for training but not for shows" recommendation is solid.

Yeah, I've nothing against that classification at all, it's maybe one of the best ways of explaining what makes wrestling "sports entertainment".

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Yeah, I've nothing against that classification at all, it's maybe one of the best ways of explaining what makes wrestling "sports entertainment".

I was really disappointed to see British Wrestling - the governing body for amateur wrestling - immediately issue a statement rejecting it out of hand, based purely on a very woolly definition of sport (under which barely any training, martial arts, or a great number of youth programmes would qualify as "sport" either) rather than taking it on its merits.

If training schools were classed as sport, that would provide safeguarding and protections that aren't currently in place, would potentially allow schools to seek funding and government support, and perhaps most importantly would mean that they were registered - which would, in turn, have the effect of making any unregistered training schools inherently less reputable, so people would be better positioned to make informed decisions.