Jump to content

Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gents, there’s a whole lot I’d like to say but I’m advised not to. This is in hand and I stand by my allegations.

It was pretty clear to everyone else, to be fair.

.

Posted Images

Maybe Bertie Del Rio can sell some coke to raise funds?

 

In all seriousness that pitch raising funds has red flags all over it. 

The pitch starts where the guy has just got of the phone with the Knights. 

The excerpt of the exchange on the phone states that they need X amount of £ a month or they will go under. 

For a successful pitch it would need to be highlighted why they are in financial troubles for example the global pandemic. 

What sort of costings are there in running WAW? Can they offer transparency in showing business costs of the business?

This pitch is very reliant upon goodwill from fans that won't question handing over money without asking questions about where the money will be used and how. I am not a willing investor. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

Maybe Bertie Del Rio can sell some coke to raise funds?

 

In all seriousness that pitch raising funds has red flags all over it. 

The pitch starts where the guy has just got of the phone with the Knights. 

The excerpt of the exchange on the phone states that they need X amount of £ a month or they will go under. 

For a successful pitch it would need to be highlighted why they are in financial troubles for example the global pandemic. 

What sort of costings are there in running WAW? Can they offer transparency in showing business costs of the business?

This pitch is very reliant upon goodwill from fans that won't question handing over money without asking questions about where the money will be used and how. I am not a willing investor. 

So much for dealing in faaaaaacts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

 

What sort of costings are there in running WAW? Can they offer transparency in showing business costs of the business?

My guess is that they can’t offer any transparency, as according Companies House WAW has been dissolved since 2017.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09582901

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

This pitch is very reliant upon goodwill from fans that won't question handing over money without asking questions about where the money will be used and how. I am not a willing investor. 

Thanks for that, Bannatyne. Reminds me of a pitch where a guy said if you send him your mobile phone and some money, he will put some ringtones on it and send it you back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AVM said:

I hope the insolvency letter ends with ‘faaaaaacts’ TBH.

Oh it won’t be a letter, or an email, or a phone call. He only deals with fax. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I don’t know their situation, but I would be very surprised if they did not have access to funds to bail them out if they wanted.

They seem to have a bubble of fans in the East of England plus stans for Paige - believe me, some of the responses to speaking out were a bit like the response you would get to slagging off BTS on Twitter (possibly because Roy Knight directed his fan base to ‘let their feelings be known to that wanker scum’). Anyway, I think that group could probably be rinsed dry in a crowd funder. A good little earner for them I would think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

If they're on the books they'd be able to get loans/grants won't they? I've got self employed mates who've paid hardly any tax due to creative accountancy over the past few years, but they got a few grand off the government due to Covid. And my mate Steve Trucks who's fully legit got a covid windfall of about 20k.  As I understand it, small registered companies got what's essentially a rebate based on their declared earnings and tax in a couple of chunks. Surely WAW's turnover and tax is such they'd qualify for help? I've not looked them upon Companies House, but surely they'd be turning over about 50k over a year adn with paying to the system be entitled to a bit back? I'll happily be corrected though

Edited by PowerButchi
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

If they're on the books they'd be able to get loans/grants won't they? I've got self employed mates who've paid hardly any tax due to creative accountancy over the past few years, but they got a few grand off the government due to Covid. And my mate Steve Trucks who's fully legit got a covid windfall of about 20k.  As I understand it, small registered companies got what's essentially a rebate based on their declared earnings and tax in a couple of chunks. Surely WAW's turnover and tax is such they'd qualify for help? I've not looked them upon Companies House, but surely they'd be turning over about 50k over a year adn with paying to the system be entitled to a bit back? I'll happily be corrected though

Someone pointed out that the WAW limited company closed in 2017 I think it was, and neither Ricky and Saraya are currently directors of any other companies at the moment when I looked out of sheer curiosity, so they’ll have to be trading as sole traders. 

Edited by Your Fight Site
Link to post
Share on other sites

Given their operations costs apparently exceed £10,000 per month, you'd think they'd want to reduce personal liability as much as reasonably possible and operate as a limited company? 

I'd imagine they'll have access to SEISS in the mean time, but that fund just isn't designed for businesses with those kind of overheads at all.

Either way, I'm sure they'll survive. The estimate seems to be that Paige can expect to earn about $45,000-$50,000 per month from Twitch (is she still doing it?) so I'm sure if it came to it, they'll be alright.

Edited by AVM
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

Someone pointed out that the WAW limited company closed in 2017 I think it was, and neither Ricky and Saraya are currently directors of any other companies at the moment when I looked out of sheer curiosity, so they’ll have to be trading as sole traders. 

The company was set up again in 2017 as WAW (UK) with a slightly different board. Ricky's on there. I'm guessing 2017 was when it looked like they'd be working with WWE/NXT UK and doing TV tapings. So I'd guess most of their current financial issues are around rent and loan repayments. 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11079587

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...