UFC Vegas: Poirier vs Hooker - Jun 27 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SBD said:

How long will it be until this goes on Fight Pass

Thanks

Assuming you’re in the UK, I’m pretty sure it’s usually 2 days after the event here. The only ones that take longer than that are the ones that air as a PPV on BT Sport Box Office, think it’s a month then.

Edited for this...

Edited by wandshogun09

I really enjoyed that, a fantastic main event and not a bad fight on the whole card. Greene vs Villante was probably the worst of the lot and even that had the novelty of someone getting submitted by a move that doesn't really exist.  

2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

It might be because it’s still so fresh but I think Poirier vs Hooker might just have knocked Zhang vs Jedrzejczyk off the FOTY top spot for me. 

I'm torn on this. I really liked that Poirier vs Hooker contained every aspect of MMA whereas Zhang vs Jedrzejczyk was pretty much entirely striking but on the other hand I don't recall either of Zhang or Jedrzejczyk tiring and fading the way Hooker did in the 5th round so it may have been slightly more competitive throughout the entire fight.

• Paid Members

Good point but some of my favourite fights ever involved fighters gassing badly. Hendo vs Shogun 1, Hunt vs Bigfoot 1, Balboa vs Lang 2 and so on. It’s hard to split Poirier vs Hooker and Zhang vs Joanna for me. Two amazing fights. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Rest of the card was pretty good again. Allen vs Daukaus and Worthy vs Pena were the highlights for me. Either would’ve taken FOTN on almost any other card.  

No love for Erosa/Woodson? that was a hell of a fight too, especially as Erosa was coming in on such notice. So many good fights on this card, what a show!

dunno if anyone caught the Boser/Lins fight on the prelims?

that backhand was nasteh.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Goodness, gracious me. That main event was carnage. Both of those men are made of granite. The amount of heart, determination, and mental and physical toughness both of those guys had to show just to get out of the second round, nevermind make it to a decision astounded me.

Fights like the ones Hooker has had with Felder, Barboza and Poirier (and like Poirier has been having for what seems like his whole career) really make your career, but must take years off your life at the other end. That punishment is ridiculous. 

I had it 48-47 for Poirier as well, with him winning the last three rounds. Hopefully both guys take a long break now, and see where the dust settles in the lightweight division by then. Imagine though, Gaethje beating Khabib for the strap and calling for Dustin in a re-match? I think I might die on the spot. 

Perry had Gall's number, and I always expected him too. I've no love for either man, but it's clear that Perry's sheer force, alone, was probably going to be too much for Gall. Gall isn't talented enough to be giving up that much power, strength and speed to a man with more experience than him, who also has a granite chin.

I'm happy for Mike Perry to continue to have 2 fights against average guys and then take a step up against a Luque type name every now and again. It's the ideal Mike Perry Merry-go-round. You get the chance to see his best, as well as see him get beaten if he fights anyone more talented than him. For as much of a prat as he is, he's an interesting cat. 

• Paid Members

I scored the main event 49-46 for Poirier, i only gave Hooker round 2 but i could see how rounds were given to Hooker. It was a ridiculous fight, i guess when you're that tough you have the right to tell someone else that they are made of marshmallows.

I thought Mike Perry looked pretty poor against Gall, Gall himself looked worse after having a decent opener. Perry's post fight interview was a revealing one, found myself feeling a bit sorry for the bloke. It also give abit more of an indication of why he's gone on his own, sounded like ex-coaches might have screwed him over, and he's clearly made some poor financial decisions himself, along with a marriage breakup. Guy was almost in tears.

• Paid Members

did anyone else find Michael Bisping a bit unbearable on commentary on a Saturday night? way OTT, too loud and him shouting WOW! when something big happened, it was a bit much. I aint a fan.