UFC Vegas: Blaydes vs Volkov - Jun 20 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Yeah not a good response by Drysdale there - its a shitty position to be in as he probably knows that if Rohskopf doesn't come out then not only is the fight done but probably his UFC career. That is total bullshit, but seems to be the way in which UFC handles this "lack of bravery" nonsense. In addition having listened to Drysdale talk about BJJ he definitely has more of that macho/no-quit type of attitude. To me once Drysdale asked him "You sure you want to lose it" and Max said yes, then I think he should have called it at that point, it was beyond trying to rally his fighter.

• Paid Members

Huge sidewards step for Blaydes, some may say backwards. Thought he looked good for a round or 2 but he laboured badly after that. Blaydes fresh is a handful and over 3 rounds he's been able to look good but this was an eye opener, it may serve him well going forward if he can fix the cardio issue over 5. Its never good when Dana destroys a performance though.

Emmet/Burgos was bananas. Sure i got the same feeling from Burgos when he fought Kattar though, its like a video game character with an invincibilty shield and you have to hit it so many time to break it before you can actually damage the character. Burgos looked invincible for 2 rounds, marching forward eating shots from one of the biggest punchers in the division, then in round 3 it all seemed to come apart, still marching forward but the shots were doing damage. Great fight, maybe the best of the lockdown shows. Both guys stocks went up here.

• Paid Members

Reading through that list of injuries, that's an even more impressive performance by Emmet. What a fight that was. Fantastic stuff from both men. Emmet just kept teeing off with heavy shots, and for the most part, Burgos ate them like they were nothing. Burgos though, as always, looked very smooth and he is huge for the weight class. I see some big name wins in his future. 

It's got to be disappointing for Emmet though, as he's bound to be out for about a year now, based on the state his leg is in now. He picks up the win here, but Burgos might end up further up the pecking order than him by the time he is fit to return. I had it 29-27 as well. Clear 10-8 round there at the end. I'd like to see a re-match down the line. 

Curtis Blaydes stock actually went down after that win. He looked about three steps away from death. Quite startling actually, that someone who lives and trains in Denver Colorado, gassed so much more than his opponent by the end of the fight. Blaydes was in an awkward spot to begin with, nevermind now. He only gets a title shot if Ngannou is out injured when DC Vs Stipe is all settled and the winner is ready to fight again. Otherwise he has to sit and wait for The whole DC/Stipe/Francis cycle to be settled. Which could be fucking donkeys considering Stipe and DC fight once a year pretty much. 

I had it 49-46 for Blaydes by the end, with Volkov making it very close in the fourth, then clearly taking the fifth. If there were a sixth round, Volkov wouldn't have needed to do anything, Blaydes seemed as if he'd have done the Flair flop if he had to answer the bell again. He got over the line though, and he's clearly the meeting point between Elite and Ranked, in the HW division. 

• Paid Members

Yeah @Carbomb I was going to post that in the Poirier vs Hooker thread but didn’t want to spoil anything off this card. Hooker does seem a bit of a cock. I could swear he had a pop at someone else after a loss not long ago as well but for the life of me I can’t remember who. And it’s not even like he’s going to fight Max Rohskopf so he’s not trying to hype a future fight. He’s just being a dick. Yet he got all wound up when Felder had a go back before their fight. I hope Poirier chins him.