It was 10 years ago today ...

IANdrewDiceClay

The shot of Tarver near the barricade was/is amazing 

Went to shite after Summerslam obviously but I still get a kick out of my mate reckoning he'd had a pint with Barrett in a pub in Penwortham, when there's literally no chance of that happening when Barrett actually lived in Preston 

Edited by Pogue

He lived in Cardiff for a good while, so wasn't exactly anchored to Preston. And agree, he should have had the belt. Fit the bill more than a Swagger or Ziggler or Del Rio. I remember him doing a dark segment with Undertaker in Manchester, way after the Nexus run actually and everything screamed top guy. 

3 minutes ago, AshC said:

He lived in Cardiff for a good while, so wasn't exactly anchored to Preston. And agree, he should have had the belt. Fit the bill more than a Swagger or Ziggler or Del Rio. I remember him doing a dark segment with Undertaker in Manchester, way after the Nexus run actually and everything screamed top guy. 

Sorry I worded that wrong, I meant how long he'd actually lived in Preston, Penwortham is in Preston 

That's a five minute walk mate haha, I remember being in Spoons one Saturday and hearing a lad mention they were going to a show at 53 degrees then another lad mentioned this place, fuck knows who they were though 

8 minutes ago, AshC said:

I saw a proper fight in that Spoons one time, made it pretty tough for the wrestlers to follow!

If it was the one on Church Street I can believe it, rough as fuck, this has made me want to go to a show when they can put one on 😂

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Pogue said:

If it was the one on Church Street I can believe it, rough as fuck, this has made me want to go to a show when they can put one on 😂

This really makes me want to start a what's the best fight you've ever seen live thread in off topic. 

I still don't think I'll ever see a better dust up than one bouncer being set on by 3 guys in a nightclub in Bath, single handedly taking all three down and the ones missus screaming on the way out that he "didn't have to make him look like such a little bitch". 

11 hours ago, Pogue said:

Sorry I worded that wrong, I meant how long he'd actually lived in Preston, Penwortham is in Preston 

11 hours ago, Pogue said:

That's a five minute walk mate haha, I remember being in Spoons one Saturday and hearing a lad mention they were going to a show at 53 degrees then another lad mentioned this place, fuck knows who they were though 

Penwortham isn't actually Preston, the people from Penwortham will take great delight in reminding people of that, repeatedly.  It's about 10 mins in the opposite direction to Evoque. Turn Left at Trainstation, walk down Fishergate Hill and then up the brow. Recently it's reinvented itself as a bit of an artisanal place with a few micro pubs opening and arts and craft cafes etc. Has a killer Fish and Chip Shop in Andrea's.  leads on to Hutton and Longton where it becomes a yokel backwater with some fantastic food pubs :)

Twelve Tellers isn't rough whatsoever.  Gawd only knows why people think it is seen more trouble at kids parties than in there. 

As for Nexus, 10 years ago. Jesus! What an angle. what a chance. died after the Cena stuff. I guess the domination aspect was dry run for the Shield and the Nxt call ups now? 

Wade is certainly missed from the ring in WWE and certainly has a role to play in the upper mid card or as champion. 

Wade Vs Kofi

Wade vs Drew

Wade vs Brock 

Wade vs Bray 

Wade vs Edge etc

All fresh and add different dimensions. 

Alas, not sure if he's even interested these days? 

None of the Nexus lads had any business being in a main event programme at the time, and most of them never would have. WWE have messed up loads of should-have-been stars in the last twenty years, but I don’t think the Nexus lads belong in that category. The one exception being Skip Sheffield on a technicality - as he should’ve been much more than he was as Ryback.

• Paid Members

The ultimate example of how WWE are the kings of opening angles. For as bad as they are at finishing stories, there’s no-one better at starting them.

Stu Bennett is a weird one. Never felt like he came anywhere close to reaching his potential. You’d think he could name his price in the current climate, yet he seems happy enough commentating in NWA.