Sign in to follow this  
Michael_3165

#BlackLivesMatter

3 hours ago, BigJag said:

Isn't there a similar trope in American Football? Where Quaterbacks are predominantly white. We've seen the way a player like Colin Kapernick has been pretty much pushed out of the game. Despite being a player of high quality. His high level of morality has in part allowed teams to find an excuse for not having him in their teams. Pointing to a perceived divisiveness that may or may not be part of his baggage. In short they just don't want to answer the tough questions that surround Kapernick.  Kam Newton, another high quality black Quaterback is also without a team at the moment.

Historicaly there is a ton of racism around black people playing that position. Thankfully there are a growing number of extremely high profile black and mixed race QB's proving any racists still clinging to that narrative wrong nowadays. Patrick Mahomes the reigning Superbowl MVP is potentially the greatest Quarterback the sport has ever seen. 

Sadly the team owners tend to be old, rich, white guys, who are also friends with Trump funnily enough. I don't think any would mind having a black QB today but they would still screw over Colin Kaepernick. 

It is positive that Roger Goodell the NFL commissioner has given the players free reign to demonstrate this coming season after the league pathetically backed down to Trump in the past. When the league restarts expect massive amounts of public BLM protests from the players. Its going to be hilarious watching Trump and his supporters meltdowns over it.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

3 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Yeah, I think the story of Peter Norman is meant in good faith when published , but it comes out as the white saviour issue in articles. 

Maybe it’s the only way to sell the story to the public. We’ve seen the pushback on anything where white people aren't the centre of attention. 

1 hour ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Its going to be hilarious watching Trump and his supporters meltdowns over it.

They can always watch the XFL...

Edited by SuperBacon

Powerful 

Follow up from Michael Holding 

Amazing stuff. So much sense here really makes me think why we’ve not done it before, then it becomes obvious 😢

I love him unconditionally and Ebony Rainford Brent is wonderful too. Really eloquent and always a joy to listen to.