Wrestlers you DON’T like but had no idea why

HarmonicGenerator

Switch Blade Jay White for me

Since his mega push in New Japan started I just never got what they see in the guy, he killed Bullet Club for me and when they put the title on him I stopped watching for a while. I see people talking about what a great heel he is but I just see nothing in him. I skip his matches and almost feel like I will give up on NJPW again if they push him into winning the G1 or something.

Met the guy in 2018 and he was nice enough but I just can't stand watching him work.

On 6/7/2020 at 7:25 PM, RedRooster said:

QT Marshall. I feel genuinely angry every time I see him on Dynamite. I can explain why I dislike him (he’s bland and doesn’t deserve the TV time he gets) but I can’t explain or justify why I dislike him as much as I do. Even I can recognise that it’s disproportionate.

Haha yes, agree with all of this. Makes my blood boil.

23 hours ago, The Maestro said:

As for modern day wrestlers, I can't stand Tegan Nox for some unknown reason. She does nothing to offend me or annoy me but I just can't warm to her at all. I'm sure she's lovely in real life but she's proper fast forward material.

It's probably that 'mouth agape' expression she does. Annoys the shit out of me. 

Never had time for Edge. Fine as a tag guy, but beyond that he's never connected with me on any level. Even now, I can see his promos are good and the Orton feud has a bit of ironic appeal to it, but I can't help but not give a shit about the guy. 

Also, whether he was a fake Rocker or play fucking a mannequin head, or whatever the hell else he was doing in between, I always hated Al Snow for some reason. Always saw him as a worthless, channel-changing jobber.

• Paid Members

Not sure this quiet fits the bill but I watched Mania 16 last night and it brought to mind this thread. Specifically the Rock, I know its sacrilege but I never warmed to him.

This excludes movie and public Rock who I think is a delight  Wrestler Rock still slightly erks me however 

On 6/7/2020 at 7:25 PM, RedRooster said:

QT Marshall. I feel genuinely angry every time I see him on Dynamite. I can explain why I dislike him (he’s bland and doesn’t deserve the TV time he gets) but I can’t explain or justify why I dislike him as much as I do. Even I can recognise that it’s disproportionate.

Yeah I can't stand him and what's with the apple? fucking jobber stink all over him..WWE had better non contracted talent doing jobs on heat in 03 than this guy.

19 hours ago, ElCece said:

Not sure this quiet fits the bill but I watched Mania 16 last night and it brought to mind this thread. Specifically the Rock, I know its sacrilege but I never warmed to him.

This excludes movie and public Rock who I think is a delight  Wrestler Rock still slightly erks me however 

Exactly the same for me! People think I'm crazy but I genuinely do not find his matches anywhere near as entertaining as most. 

Hulk Hogan

I cannot tell you why, I'm aware of all the plaudits and matches and legacy and the more modern racist and other messed up stuff reasons to dislike him. But had a feeling in my gut watching Survivor Series 89 and disliked him ever since.

Naito. The rebel angle, the cool stable and the in ring style should all be up my alley, but there's a disconnect somewhere that makes me struggle to give a fuck. It's at the point where I lost interest in NJPW when he got the belts at Wrestle Kingdom and cancelled NJPWorld.

It might just be a lost in translation sort of deal, dunno.