Wrestlers you DON’T like but had no idea why

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

The opposite of this thread. Which wrestlers could you just not stand, but didn’t know why?

The one that comes to mind for me is Justin Credible. First time I saw him I took an instant dislike and it’s never gone away. Nothing offensive about him as a wrestler and the Impact Players are good and X-Factor were great but I can’t get past that immediate “nope” when it comes to Credible.

There’s also Savio Vega but I have a reason for that, mainly being that he is the worst.

Matt Riddle is the one that springs to mind first these days and one from back in the day was Homicide in ROH absolutely couldn't stand to watch him or his matches, might have been that his stuff was getting in the way of my skinny flippy guys and someone with a bit more about him wasn't what 02-03 was about.

Moxley for me too. V average worker. That stupid walk. His face. Nothing screams star to me and he seems massively over rated.. 

Daniel Bryan... Great worker but didn't get the hype in 2014. Haven't seen his latest run though. 

Punk... Just found him a whiny lil bitch. Tried to be edgy but failed for me. Fine worker but hardly someone I'd go out of my way to watch.. 

Add Riddle for me. Seems to believe his own hype. 

Foley... His leering at the women (masked as being friendly) was cringe worthy w Melina. Thinks he is funnier than he is. He was OK when paired w the right people. 

Edited by Michael_3165

• Paid Members

I've never taken to Bret Hart.

I can see that he SHOULD be someone I SHOULD like given my age & how I've watched him, but I never have.

I never found him cool when I was a kid, when I became a "workrate" teen I just found him/his matches dull, then he became a miserable bastard so that didn't endear him to me in retrospect.

• Paid Members

I don't despise the guy but I've always disliked Edge.

He is a decent if somewhat overrated worker, competent at least on the mic and had a slew of very good matches. 

The only thing I can think of that would put me off him is that he has an incredibly large face which is disconcerting. 

Edited by ElCece

Another vote for Bret Hart. I should like him - he vs Bulldog at Summerslam 92 is my favourite match ever, without him and the state Davey was in, it would have all fallen apart. I enjoyed his anti-US run in the build-up to Montreal, his match with Austin was stunning and so well constructed...  He's done so much I've genuinely enjoyed, but I really don't like the guy and I can't give an exact reason why. 

1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

Moxley for me too. V average worker. That stupid walk. His face. Nothing screams star to me and he seems massively over rated.. 

Daniel Bryan... Great worker but didn't get the hype in 2014. Haven't seen his latest run though. 

Punk... Just found him a whiny lil bitch. Tried to be edgy but failed for me. Fine worker but hardly someone I'd go out of my way to watch.. 

Add Riddle for me. Seems to believe his own hype. 

Foley... His leering at the women (masked as being friendly) was cringe worthy w Melina. Thinks he is funnier than he is. He was OK when paired w the right people. 

I blame Vince McMahon for conditioning us to think that anything less than steroid freak isn't worthy 🤣