Danny Havoc has died

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members

There's not much online but it's just been announced by GCW on Twitter that Danny Havoc, who was probably best known on here for being a CZW mainstay and former ToD champion and most recently working for GCW has passed away. 

I know I'd seen online recently they had been fundraising for him after the passing away of his wife a month or so ago. Your heart really goes out to the family at this time, it's just continuing tragic news for them to process. 

I know CZW gets a lot of flack online and in wrestling as with a lot of the ultra hardcore stuff but growing up and with things like TWC on Sky, it gave me a chance to see stuff I'd never seen before and really got me into a whole other side of wrestling and Havoc was one of the guys that made a real impression on me. 

• Paid Members

I never really knew who Havoc was until i saw him in a documentary recently (an episode of The Wrestlers?), sad news.

I was a deathmatch guy back in the day but Havoc rolled around after id stopped watching, it doesn't end well for a lot of those guys, tough way to make a living.

Edited by Egg Shen

Honestly deathmatches are one thing I just really couldn't get my head around, and never had any interest in, but I certainly knew of him and this whole situation is really tragic. Especially after him losing his wife recently too.

By all accounts, from watching him on that documentary and all the tales from all the other wrestlers and refs etc, he had a great mind for the business and was a real stand up guy. Such a shame.

Awful news to hear

I never caught a lot of the deathmaches at the time and have caught up with a lot of them thanks to some amazing sellers on here 

He definatley seeemed like a nice guy in all the interviews that I have seen of him 

R.I.P

Very sad news. I wrote a series of reviews specifically of Havoc's matches back in the original deathmatch thread about 8 years ago. He was always a true favourite of mine, and from watching his shoot interviews it was clear that he genuinely loved being involved in the deathmatch scene. He had such a sense of admiration and wonder when talking about the matches. Despite the physical carnage, he always seemed to be enjoying himself out there on those crazy shows. Casually strolling out to the ring to Duran Duran's Hungry like the Wolf, dishing out hugs and fist bumps along the way…. Amidst a sea of overweight, angry metalhead gimmicks, Havoc stood out with his laid back and cool positive attitude. It's really devastating to have lost him at such a young age. RIP.

Sad to hear about Danny I used to watch czw from 01-03 i enjoyed the cage of death and some of the death match style and the jr heavyweights Trent acid..etc.. stopped watching czw by the time Danny came round but the last few of years I've seen some of his work before he retired sad loss of a young man.

I've just looked through over 700 discs in the old archives, trying to find the Danny Havoc shoot interviews and best of comps.... I couldn't find them anywhere. I did find this though. A piece of the ring canvas from Tournament of Death XI (2012), signed by the tournament entrants. Havoc did compete that year. I'm thinking that signature at the bottom right could well be that of Danny Havoc.

image.png.0165c01a1501e1b5c45582874a937237.png

18 minutes ago, Richie Freebird said:

I've just looked through over 700 discs in the old archives, trying to find the Danny Havoc shoot interviews and best of comps.... I couldn't find them anywhere. I did find this though. A piece of the ring canvas from Tournament of Death XI (2012), signed by the tournament entrants. Havoc did compete that year. I'm thinking that signature at the bottom right could well be that of Danny Havoc.

image.png.0165c01a1501e1b5c45582874a937237.png

Danny Havoc was featured in a great piece by Vice. YouTube search ‘The Wrestlers Vice’ and you might find it.

R.I.P. Danny Havoc

Edited by LWOLeN