Wrestlers you like, but had no idea why.

Nick James

Vampiro

Never seen him Mexico but some reason really liked him in wcw, great unique look at the time with the tattoos and dark look (reminded me of a mix of crow, taker and a rock star) probably the plan, but was sloppy as shit and couldn't string a match together or execute the style he wanted (recommend his debut vs Juvi on spring break nitro 99 I think).

Vampiro is an awkward one for this thread, because he was objectively shit in the ring, but I know exactly why I loved him. He was a corpse painted rocker who did spin kicks. I've heard the stories about how he was an absolute megastar in Mexico but I've never been able to find any decent footage of it. He also looked great in Wrestling Society X, where he looked legitimately massive against all the indy and Dragon Gate guys, and was throwing about chokeslams and tombstones as their Undertaker.

1 hour ago, CavemanLynn said:

Vampiro is an awkward one for this thread, because he was objectively shit in the ring, but I know exactly why I loved him. He was a corpse painted rocker who did spin kicks. I've heard the stories about how he was an absolute megastar in Mexico but I've never been able to find any decent footage of it. He also looked great in Wrestling Society X, where he looked legitimately massive against all the indy and Dragon Gate guys, and was throwing about chokeslams and tombstones as their Undertaker.

Yeah I think to me he clearly was sloppy and awkward in the ring, I know loads of guys in the 90s were pretty shit but also he was around and in same company as Jericho, Benoit, Eddy, Rey etc which make most guys look bad by comparison.

I remember in wcw magazine he did an interview, he looked cool and real with ripped jeans, tattoos and band tees

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, CavemanLynn said:

Vampiro is an awkward one for this thread, because he was objectively shit in the ring, but I know exactly why I loved him. 

Same, it was literally like love at first sight when I first saw him as a teenager. A dreadlock punk skeleton wrestler, I still love him 20 years later. 

• Paid Members

Funaki. Not sure why but if I was at a house show and Funaki appeared then I'd lose my shit. Still puts a smile on my face when he pops up on commentary at the start of a PPV, I even loved Kung Fu Naki and his crap entrance theme.