Recycling Ideas

The Reverend

Due to this Lockdown lark, I've been going through the monthly WWF review shows from the 80's on Youtube.

As we all know wrestling is pretty much recycled ideas, and watching these videos it had me thinking which ideas could be re-used these days.

Considering most fans these days haven't been watching for very long, and probably don't have any inclination to watch older stuff, there's plenty of scope for a few old ideas to make a comeback. To kick things off I'll go with a heel ref like Danny Davis. This angle had a great build with Davis constantly helping the heels before finally aligning himself with the Hart Foundation.

So which ideas would you like to see bought back?  

Recycle the Marty Janetty, Shawn Michaels, Diesel story. Okay I know Diesel wasn't in it initially, but you get a popular tag team then have the turn. Whilst one is chasing the other, heel gets big massive bodyguard/enforcer. Keeps this for a year or 2, then Royal Rumble the year before the enforcer does really well sparking jealousy from the boss. By Survivor Series it implodes, Enforcer wins Royal Rumble to face the champ (his boss) at mania. 

So its a hybrid of Rockers, Evolution & Shawn Diesel. 

• Paid Members
On 5/28/2020 at 7:36 AM, King Pitcos said:

I’d like to see MVP form a New Nation with Lashley, the Street Profits, Crews, Ricochet and Cedric Alexander.

Call it Bobby Lashley's Mafia. Get the crowd too every time the ring announcer says BLM. 

Hire me, Vince. 

On 5/28/2020 at 8:49 AM, Wrasslin said:

There’s no way they’re doing a nation gimmick in the current climate. 

It's not like they'd be feuding with Bossman

Recycle something like Sean O'Haire's quality character but see if they can actually apply to it to a wrestling show other than using it to get Dawn Marie's kit off

I quite liked the Raw Roulette Bischoff used to do on Monday Night Raw. 

Wouldn't mind seeing that back when wrestling returns to normal, even if it's Bischoff himself spinning the wheel every now and then, could add things on there like 'Championship' match to give fresh/random opportunities. 

• Awards Moderator
20 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I quite liked the Raw Roulette Bischoff used to do on Monday Night Raw. 

Wouldn't mind seeing that back when wrestling returns to normal, even if it's Bischoff himself spinning the wheel every now and then, could add things on there like 'Championship' match to give fresh/random opportunities. 

They did it a few times I think, but the only one I remember is the first which is still one of my favourite episodes of wrestling television. Regal as a showgirl! TLC! Triple H vs. D’Lo in a Blindfold match! Super.

The Terry Funk vs Jerry Lawler Empty Arena match from Memphis in the early 80's would be a good one to revisit now with there being now crowd.

Have it as a unsanctioned, grudge match. One challenges the other to a time and place. Don't care about a ref or camera, they just want to beat the shit out of each other until one man is left standing. Like with the Funk/Lawler match, they can have a camera crew there just hanging around on the off chance that they manage to capture some of it as the "match" is technically off the books and nothing to do with WWE.