Give a character a spin-off

John Matrix

• Paid Members

A thread entirely inspired by the wonderful performance of Kenneth Collard, in Cuckoo.

I’m very late to that party, but thanks to Lockdown giving me both time on my hands and  making me desperate enough to finally sign up to Netflix, I’ve been able to blitz through all five series and my goodness, if Steve Chance isn’t one of the best characters I can think of.

I could easily see him not working and falling the wrong side of odd, but Christ, big Ken does a masterful job, stealing every scene he’s in!

So my question is, if you could pluck any character from any show, and focus a series on them specifically - who would it be?

953270C9-D519-4965-9DB2-DAFD37384C7E.gif

I once had a dream about a spin-off for Throttle from Fairly Secret Army, which was an unofficial spin-off of Reggie Perrin. I couldn't recall any plot or lines when I woke up and it probably didn't make much sense, but it seemed hilarious at the time.

I'm torn about wanting to see more of Creed from The Office (US), as part of his charm was his mystique and infrequent lines. Perhaps 10 minute episodes would be suitable for him to avoid overexposure.

• Paid Members

Michael Scott from the U.S office. Following the last episode of the Office, 10 years after it had aired and people already oblivious as to who he is, but due to his lack of self awareness, he acts exactly how you expect he would. Maybe some occasional cameos from old cast too.