Wrong place

kamicazze

Just with all the recent releases and some of the shows recently got me thinking of who is better fit elsewhere.

There are so many companies such as WWE, NXT (including UK, going to class NXT as a different entity as it feels different), AEW, NWA, Impact wrestling, ROH, and NJPW being places for guys to work. Yet some have people where they feel like they're a better fit elsewhere.

My first would be Nick Aldis - this guy screams WWE superstar to me. Has the look, good on the mic and would be great as an upper card heel with in WWE. His in ring work is solid and he would work a good tv match. 

Second is Marty Scurll- He would be absolutely great in AEW. Him coming in either feuding with the elite or siding with them given the history all of them have. 

25 minutes ago, kamicazze said:

My first would be Nick Aldis - this guy screams WWE superstar to me. Has the look, good on the mic and would be great as an upper card heel with in WWE. His in ring work is solid and he would work a good tv match. 

He's absolutely perfect where he is. That's his level there at NWA. I think it wouldn't take him long to get lost in the shuffle in WWE unfortunately, even though he has improved a lot over the last few years.

Luke Harper - NJPW. He was my favourite in the Wyatt Family and I always wanted WWE to use him more, and was looking forward to him going to AEW, but he's completely shown himself up. As an overall performer, he's rotten. Shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a speaking role. In New Japan, his weaknesses wouldn't be so front and centre and he could get further on the "big workrate man" stuff. They'd probably add some bells and whistles to his presentation that'd work better, too.

• Paid Members

Nick Aldis is a funny one. In TNA he had a good run, at the mid card which is where he belonged at that time. In WWE he would be as successful as most of the guys on 205 Live. He thinks he is top tier, but he is nowhere near the same level as the top tier performers on Raw or Smackdown. Same with AEW. He would be midcard. In NWA, it's practically been built around him, which is why he succeeds there. He is smart to stay there because any move elsewhere will be a step down career wise.

21 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Nick Aldis is a funny one. In TNA he had a good run, at the mid card which is where he belonged at that time. In WWE he would be as successful as most of the guys on 205 Live. He thinks he is top tier, but he is nowhere near the same level as the top tier performers on Raw or Smackdown. Same with AEW. He would be midcard. In NWA, it's practically been built around him, which is why he succeeds there. He is smart to stay there because any move elsewhere will be a step down career wise.

I actually think he'd be a good fit in AEW. Clearly, he isn't in the 'wrong place' and NWA would be a much weaker company without his dominating presence. But with given how strong he is on the mic, I think he'd fit in well on Dynamite. He'd be more than capable of holding his own against their stronger talkers and given that his character is so well defined I think he'd be a really good addition should they ever sign him. 

As far as "in the wrong place" goes, Chad Gable/Shorty G. He's good in ring, solid on the mic and has shown in the past that he can be very entertaining. Right now, he's arguably the worst gimmick in US wrestling, and it's through no fault of his own. 

The guy clearly has talent, and there surely is a place where he'd be able to shine. Maybe it's AEW, maybe it's ROH, maybe it's Japan. Heck, maybe he'd be better off moving to NXT where he might enjoy the benefit of a repackaging. The shit-show that is Smackdown isn't where he should be. 

I also think Sheamus. his style is made to NJPW. The fans would eat it up and it would give him a chance to have some classic matches.

100% with you on the Gable matter. I'd suggest ROH as a place for him to go but thats not conclusive. Kind of surprised he wasn't a victim of black Wednesday. 

I suppose with Gable it's not necessarily a 'wrong place' for him, but just terrible booking and not knowing how to use him right.

I know it's screwing him over by comparing him to Kurt Angle, but it's not like they don't know how to support someone of that style etc when they want to.

Gable could be a great fit in WWE. There's some exceptional talent there that he could tear the house down with, and I honestly believe that he's got the best people to learn from there too.

I don't think he's a wrong fit for WWE in the slightest. You could probably argue that someone like Ricochet is more in the wrong place, due to not really being an all-rounder. He's fantastic in the ring but there's really not a whole lot about him personality wise, and that's always going to be a struggle in WWE.

Yeah, Gable should be able to fit. He has the in ring skills yet can send himself up in the same way as Kurt Angle did at his peak. 

I think one of the glaring things is that NXT uses their current skill whereas when they go to Raw or Smackdown they tend to wrestle a more WWE style. Ricochet is a great example, can never see a place for him on Raw or Smackdown.