UFC 250: Nunes vs Spencer - Jun 6 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

where did you hear him say that?

I'm sure it was his podcast. He was like "I honestly thought she may have announced her retirement at the end of her fight. I wouldn't blame her, there's literally nothing left for her to do."

Now, he may have been trying to be funny and all hyperbolic, but he still came across like a fucking moron. 

• Paid Members

i'll keep it in here because its relevant to the discussion coming out of 250, Cody Garbrandt re-ignited the TJ Dillashaw feud at the post-fight presser. 

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/06/cody-garbrandt-tj-dillashaw-son-knows-dad-was-cheater-steroids

You have to know the kid comments are gonna cut deep with Dillashaw. There's not many circumstances where i'd want to see a 3rd fight between two guys where one has two conclusive finishes but a third fight here would be fantastic, especially given the story going in. Id even go for this being next, if Dillashaw is ready to come back within the next 6 months, set it up.

• Paid Members

I know you've made up your mind on Cody, but what is that puts you off him exactly? from most ive heard/read about him he comes off as a real good guy that just happens to have a serious issue with one of his former training partners.

• Paid Members

I’ve never warmed to him myself but I actually started to soften a bit when he beat Cruz for the title. Partly because his performance was so impressive and also him dedicating the win to that disabled kid who he’s friends with was truly one of the more heartwarming moments I’ve seen in MMA. But then the TUF with Dillashaw went down and he came off as such a meatheaded div that I wanted to see TJ crush him. And I’ve never liked TJ. For Cody to come off as the bigger dickhead opposite Dillashaw was quite something. He clearly does have his good points. But most twats do. Not many people are 100% bad with no redeemable qualities like Frank Mir is. But I don’t find him very likeable at all.

Entertaining fighter to watch but I’m already getting sick of everyone acting like he’s ‘back’ now. It was an incredible KO over a tough guy. All credit where it’s due. But a lot of people seem to think he’s sorted now and his problems and flaws and vulnerabilities are in the past. Until the next time he gets ironed out of course. I think there’s a good chance that scoring such a wild knockout over Assuncao could actually be a curse in the long run because now he’ll probably be hunting for another one in his next fight. And if he’s in with a Moraes or someone like that, or even O’Malley, it could backfire spectacularly. He’s still always got a shot because of his power but it’s ending in tears sooner or later. 

• Paid Members

Yeh, it's difficult to see Garbrandt getting anywhere near the belt again now. He's sort of become the 135 Arlovski, though maybe his jaw is a little less suspect. 

• Paid Members

i think that may be a little harsh, one more solid win and he could easily get a crack at the belt, especially if he wins by KO again.

I just wanna see Garbrandt/Dillashaw 3 though. That'll do me nicely.

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

I know you've made up your mind on Cody, but what is that puts you off him exactly? from most ive heard/read about him he comes off as a real good guy that just happens to have a serious issue with one of his former training partners.

He's a knob. He's one of those tattooed "bro's" that annoy the fuck out of me. The fact he's brought TJ's kid into the public argument is shocking, and for that I hope he get's flattened in every fight going forward.

• Paid Members

I think in this day and age in the UFC combined with the world we're living in now, it really is 'recent memory' to the fore, and that Assuncao KO and the attention it brought with it - and the fact Garbrandt is marketable - will have him right up there in the hunt.

I mean, Aldo's lost two on the bounce, five of his last eight, and he's got a title shot in a division where he hasn't won a fight.
No rhyme or reason to the UFC rankings, and I wouldn't be surprised if Garbrandt skips over Sterling for the winner of Yan and Aldo. It would be poxy...an outrage, but not surprising in the least, knowing Mr.White.

But then you also have O'Malley patronising and slyly poking Garbrandt - who has a woeful temper - and trying to do something for himself, laying the foundations for a feud and good for him, so fuck knows what's going to happen or how it'll pan out.

What a division it's become, though...

• Paid Members

I know people are saying it's all too soon for O'Malley, but I genuinely think O'Malley would do him. Really do. Make that fight and I'd be only delighted.

Garbrandt always reminds me of that little aggy Jack Russell next door. And all I could think of was David doing this to the little scut:

giphy.gif

And another thing, I wasn't going to say it after the fight because I knew I'd have the likes of Ebb on my case claiming it was just sour grapes, but fuck it.

See everyone going OTT about his knock out of Assuncao? He was a benefactor of circumstance! There, I fucking said it!

Most fighters slow down when they hear that ten-second fight warning, and they get a mental gauge of when a round is coming to an end. Assuncao relaxed on the buzzer, which is why he got caught with that shot so fucking clean. 

I'm not saying it wasn't a great shot, or that he doesn't deserve the win, but let's not pretend that the timing of the shot didn't play a part. it did. 

It's on Assuncao as well, because he should have been prepared for such a thing happening, but he wasn't. I've watched it back, and his body language changes at the ten-second warning. He was already thinking of getting back to his corner, and he paid the price.

So, yeah. Fuck Garbrandt, the inked-up midget that he is. I hope Aldo or whoever he faces next absolutely starches him.

His hair was ridiculous as well. He should have been ashamed to roll into Vegas in that kind of nick. 

• Paid Members

yep, thats some straight up sour grapes.

Thats up there with the most ridiculous things you've ever said. How the hell did you come to the conclusion Assuncao relaxed for the last 10 seconds or at the buzzer? when the clacker went Assuncao went on the attack, he attempted a hard kick to Cody's body then attempted a right hand whilst Cody was backed up to which Cody countered with the KO shot. 

Remember, Assuncao was flash knocked down shortly before that after arguably winning the round, he went after Garbrandt to steal it back late if anything. 

Even if Assuncao did ease off (which he didn't) what difference does it make anyway? you fight to the buzzer, if one guy stays more switched on and lands on the bell kudos to that guy. This is Conor/Mayweather fanboy levels of excuse making.

Dave, you're grudges are clouding your judgement son.

watch it again and tell me what i'm missing?

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, David said:

His hair was ridiculous

His hair annoyed me throughout the fight. Mainly because I love an oul haircut and I'm forever changing mine, but the other reason being he literally had half a haircut.
Like, I can't pass judgement because at the mo my hair is all Steven Seagal'd (my missus and colleagues thing I'm going McG, but I'm really not) because I'm waiting for the barber to reopen and said to myself 'Ah sure, it's an excuse at 40 to grow it out without getting given out to by herself about me balls deep a midlife crisis or something' but Garbrandt has a big wispy Troll doll that goes on top of a Bic Pencil haircut with the skinfade at the arse end of his neck. It doesn't make sense aesthetically, and I completely get David's comment on it, because myself and my nephew said the same thing to each other on Sunday morning watching the fight.

It's got me thinking though, which fighter irks me as much as Garbrandt does David, and Mir does Magic, and I'd have to say it's MVP. Normally I would say Richard Kiely, but he doesn't count. He's just some cunt that failed upwards. But yeah, I don't hate many things and try not put that word out there, but I really dislike MVP.

But, I digress. Soz gents...