UFC Vegas: Woodley vs Burns - May 30 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Burns made himself on Saturday night. There's a pretty decent chance that he gets the next title shot, due to Masvidal being hard to negotiate with, Colby having just been beat by Usman, and Edwards previous loss to Usman. An incredible performance by Burns, he beat Woodley everywhere. I had it 50-44 as well. 

Woodley is finished for me though. The performance against Usman wasn't an aberration, his best is quite clearly in the rear view mirror. He's lost ten rounds in a row handily now, after that fight. I could see him retiring after that one. Maybe coming back at some point down the line if he gets the itch again/a name fight against another older guy, but as a regular factor in the top end of the division It doesn't look like he has that competitive fire anymore that he would need. After watching that fight against Burns, I expect he would get completely handled by Colby Covington now at this stage of both men's careers. 

Edited by WeeAl

I thought Burns was superb, I expected a close five round fight that could go either way, but Burns just went out there and dominated from start to finish. I'm not sure where Woodley goes from here, he talked a good game beforehand but there's wasn't much there and with such a long lay off, and his age it's hard to see him ever getting back in the title picture. I didn't know Usman and Burns were training partners, but refreshing to hear Burns come out and make it clear he wants to fight him next for the belt.

• Paid Members

So many ways that mix at the top of 170 could go. Jorge Masvidal, Leon Edwards and Gilbert Burns are all more than worthy contenders. Any of those 3 getting the next crack at Usman would be justified. Then you’ve got Covington still bobbing about like the turd he is. 

Finally got around to seeing this. Wow, Woodley looks as though he's done.

I was kind of expecting that he'd just run into an elite fighter in his prime in Usman, and that this would be a case of people being clouded by his most recent fight and forgetting everything he did previously, but it seems he's just not into it anymore.

Where does he go from here? He's likely not getting a title shot again any time soon. I think if he has enough other things on the go that he'll call it a day. I distinctly remember him being unhappy when he was making $600,000 paydays as champion. Now he's clearing $200,000. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone hear the interview with Woodley where he mentions that he came into the fight with nerve damage in his leg? Not an excuse for the loss as he said, but it was definitely a factor.

Seems as if he ain't going anywhere either. He's talking Covington.